Chapter 13 - I Luv Ugly

Mr. Lordi and Emily landed on the top of the tower where the clouds were swirling. It was the eye of the maelstrom.

Mr. Lordi set Emily down, "Keep your sword out, he should not be far,"

Emily looked at him without hesitation knowing that this demon was very powerful, "He wants to avenge Evilyn don't forget thats" she told him.

Mr. Lordi nodded and then turned to face the eye of the maelstrom which grew darker until it looked like a black hole swallowing up the city. A hideous demonic laugh came from within it. Emily held Mr. Lordi's hand once again and watched in fear. A black shadow with glowing red eyes emerged from the storm and quickly became visible only this time he was larger than the last time Emily and Mr. Lordi encountered him. He was muscular with large black wings, sharp claws and sabre fangs.

"So we finally meet properly, Mr. Lordi and young Emily!" He snarled.

Mr. Lordi pointed his axe at the demon,

"You threaten this planet by taking hostages and wage war on this innocent world. What do you want?" he demanded,

The demon spoke deeply, "My name is Vexus and I have come to claim the Earth as I have promised my sister Evilyn. When I heard she was plotting revenge on destroying the Earth after learning that Emily became your one true love she told me to avenge her if she dies. I have come to plunge this world into eternal darkness and not even the power of love can destroy me!" he hissed.

Emily held her sword in front of her, "Leave my world alone! You have no right to destroy it!"

Vexus laughed at Emily's words, "Oh but I do young one. I knew Evilyn was planning to destroy the Earth at some point. I was watching the invasion six months ago and saw that my sister failed thanks to the power of love that came from both of you! So now it is my turn to devour your world!"

Mr. Lordi began building up with rage. Darkness began surrounding them as the sky swirled up even more as if a tornado was coming. Mr. Lordi felt his vortex expanding, Emily still had her sword out, and Vexus eyed them both.

"Even your strongest attacks will not work on me! Do your worst! But the darkness shall remain until it devours your world whole!"

Mr. Lordi's vortex expanded and soon reached Vexus but began rebounding off of him.

"Impossible!" Mr. Lordi said,

Vexus rose into the air and hovered at the eye of the maelstrom. Emily's sword began to glow bright red and shot a red beam at him but as soon as the beam hit Vexus he absorbed it.

"I didn't know it could do that. But we had no effect on him at all!" Emily exclaimed,

Mr. Lordi stood closer to her, "He is too powerful Emily. We must combine our forces and fight him together if we are to end this nightmare."

Emily refused to let go of his hand. Mr. Lordi spread his wings and flew towards Vexus with Emily alongside him. Vexus's eyes began to glow dark blue as if he was creating demonic energy. Emily began to activate a shield to protect them both and inside she began thinking of how much she wanted to survive along with Mr. Lordi.

Then the shield began to expand as the beams from Vexus's eyes shot towards them. The shield expanded until it absorbed Vexus's attack.

"You got lucky that time, that was only a warm-up shot! Now lower the shield and fight me like a real couple, you cowards!" he snarled,

Emily suspected it was a trap and refused but Mr. Lordi looked at her with love and knew that there was no other option. Emily lowered the shield and then Mr. Lordi higher with her and their weapons drawn. Mr. Lordi began to let his inner fury grow again in hopes of unleashing his vortex while Emily hoped to fire another beam from her sword.

This time Vexus powered up another attack; one that they were not prepared for. The clouds began to gather around him and the sky became pitch black as if all power was out worldwide.

"Nothing can escape the darkness!" he roared and then purple lightning began surrounding him. Emily continued to power up her sword and Mr. Lordi continued to expand his vortex, but Vexus's lightning looked like it would prevail.

"Say goodbye!" Vexus yelled and then he struck Emily first. She screamed as if she had been electrocuted by the highest voltage ever, and then she fell from the sky and hit the tower's roof hard.

Mr. Lordi nearly cried out at the sight of Emily nearly unconscious and then now extremely furious he turned back to Vexus, "LEAVE EMILY ALONE YOU MONSTER!" he roared,

Vexus laughed harshly, "You are next!" he snarled and then he struck Mr. Lordi. Mr. Lordi did not have time to react due to how much it hurt and he fell to the roof lying by Emily's side.

The two of them could not reach for each other this time. Mr. Lordi moved slightly but could barely do so because of how much it hurt. He wanted to take Emily's hand and eliminate Vexus the way they destroyed Evilyn last time but inside, he knew they needed to control the power of love in order to destroy Vexus and bring back the peace.

Emily hurt so bad she wanted to close her eyes and sleep for eternity. Her sword was starting to dissolve back into her necklace until suddenly a bright light enveloped them both. The power of love was returning to them. Emily's sword formed again and Mr. Lordi's axe rose into the air. The sword floated up and soon the two weapons began to combine.

Emily and Mr. Lordi began to heal from the warm aura of love until they stood up to notice that, both their weapons had combined into one large golden sceptre with a ruby jewel at the end and silver blades surrounding it.

Emily walked up to the sceptre and touched it, "Mr. Lordi is this how we fight with the power of love?"

Mr. Lordi approach and put his hand on Emily's and they held it together, "Yes, I believe it is," he said and then the jewel began to glow and a powerful bright beam fired straight towards Vexus and the storm.

Vexus was struck hard by the beam as if a blade had pierced right through his body. He did not have time to react. The pain hurt even more than he could imagine. The light began to pierce the dark storm as well and slowly began to clear up the sky.

"IMPOSSIBLE! YOU CANNOT DESTROY ME!" Vexus was screaming but the power of love was too much for him to handle, he could not resist. His body began to disintegrate in the light until his body exploded and the sky cleared up into daylight.