Chapter 10 - Hate At First Sight

On the other side of the vortex, Mr. Lordi and Emily fell out and landed somewhere else separate from Mana and Hella. They did not land on a mountain this time. Instead, they found themselves in complete darkness once again as if they were back where they started. Mr. Lordi opened his eyes and ran to Emily's side who was just getting up from the fall. He helped her up.

"Where are we now?" Emily asked, she felt nervous inside as she looked at Mr. Lordi and then her surroundings. A flash of light appeared in front of them and soon the area began to change. Mr. Lordi suspected that this was a trick, a world of illusion.

The environment around them began to change once again from a dark void into a grassy meadow where the sun was shining.

Mr. Lordi suspected it was a trick, "Emily, just remain calm, this is not real," he told her.

Soon the place became more enchanting than Mr. Lordi could ever imagine, he felt something taking over inside him. He collapsed to the ground. Emily gasped and ran to his side wondering if he was hurt by another invisible demon but no demon appeared to attack. What did he mean by an illusion? Emily wondered as she knelt by Mr. Lordi's side and her ruby necklace began to glow again just like it did six months ago during the final battle. Emily sensed she was being protected from something she did not know about. Mr. Lordi sat up and gazed at the sky smiling as if nothing had happened to him earlier.

"I am going to stay here alone, forever," he announced out of nowhere. Emily was confused, and her necklace was still lit up.

"Mr. Lordi, are you okay?" she asked as she put one hand on his shoulder; something was not right with him. Mr. Lordi turned to look at her.

"You, Emily get out of my sight, now," he said so suddenly as he stood up, "I cannot be with you anymore, I am too powerful and love makes me look weak. So be gone, and never come back!"

Emily gasped at these words and her heart jumped with fear inside. "Mr. Lordi? What's going on? Are you okay?" she asked him,

Mr. Lordi laughed evilly, "Oh I am all right Emily, I could never be better. Now I have one task at hand. I don't want you anymore!" he growled and his eyes glowed bright red as if he was somehow under the control of a demon that knew how to take over his mind and eliminate his love for her inside.

Mr. Lordi lunged towards Emily, grabbed her arm and flung her to the ground. Suddenly the sky turned dark: Thunder crashed and lightning flashed. The environment changed from a meadow to a volcanic background where the sky was blazing red. Emily knew now was the time to act. Fighting back tears she turned angry.

"Mr. Lordi listen to me, the demons are playing tricks on you! Don't give into it! Fight it!" she implored.

Mr. Lordi's eyes glowed red as if he had been possessed. How could he be so easily affected by this and I am not? She wondered and thought it may be her necklace that helped her summon those creatures before.

"Open your heart, Mr. Lordi! Don't make me force you to!" she demanded and she walked closer to him bravely. I will not cry or run away. I have to face him. She thought.

Mr. Lordi seized her by the throat hard, "I will never open my heart to anyone! I was never meant to do so!"

Emily struggled to breathe and looked at him with love, "Think about all that we've been through. We fought through every last demon to get where we are now. Snap out of it!.... This isn't you!" she choked,

Mr. Lordi growled in anger, "You cannot tell me to snap out of anything! It was hate at first sight when I saw you. Do not make me think it is the other way around! There is no need for love in this world,"

Emily's heart thudded and she felt as if she had done everything to help him. But she did not want to cry as if she had been defeated.

Mr. Lordi grunted angrily, "You never listen, now prepare to die!" he yelled and then flung her to the ground. Emily resisted as much as she could. Mr. Lordi drew out his axe and aimed it to cut her in half. Emily looked at him with love in her heart.

"Mr. Lordi, I love you more than anything in this world. Killing me will only result in you regretting it later on. Do you think that you can accomplish anything by doing this? The power of love is supposed to save us from these dark days as it did six months ago. If it weren't for you I would not have succeeded in helping you end the war earlier. You've always wanted someone to love right? You needed someone to always be by your side no matter what you went through. Now here I am, and now you are going to let a demon take that away from you? Come to your senses!" Emily told him, words coming straight from her heart.

Suddenly Mr. Lordi felt something overcome him. His eyes stopped glowing and then he dropped his axe. Thoughts began to run through his mind and he saw Emily. Visions of all the times he had known her. Starting with the moment he first saw her: A beautiful, cheerful, and outcast young woman. Then, came the night he put up the rock concert to score her, followed by when she fainted in his arms, then the time in the fiery abyss, he held her in his arms one night, and saved her life. Then the visions ended with their first kiss to lead them to battle against the demons together as one.

Mr. Lordi did not know what had caused him to have his mind taken over. What have I done? He thought. Then Emily stood up and picked up his axe. He took it from her and looked into her eyes. I love her, he thought and then without thinking he dropped his axe again and then pulled Emily into his arms and hugged her tight,

"Emily! I am so sorry! I love you; I love you more than anything!" he said with sorrow inside.

Emily hugged him back, "I love you too and don't let an illusion fool you like that again," Mr. Lordi pulled away slightly and then kissed her tenderly. A demonic voice rang through the area.

"My illusion is broken! So the power of love is stronger than I thought! No matter. Now I know what to target as well. Take your hostages and leave this place but this is not over!"

Mr. Lordi and Emily looked up at the sky. He is right this is not over, Emily thought as she held Mr. Lordi's hand and then they proceeded to the heart of the dimension.