Chapter 7 - Into Darkness

Mr. Lordi and Emily flew through the time portal hand in hand on their way back to their own time. The two of them stepped out of the time portal and were once again in the town square. Mana and Hella were waiting with them along with Kita and Awa.

Mr. Lordi stepped forward, "We must journey into the dark world where these demons have taken the hostages and save them,"

Emily was reluctant to mention that there was no way at the moment to get there but she chose to remain silent.

"Mr. Lordi I have located a possible way to enter this dimension. It is not like any dimension you have been to before," Awa said,

Mr. Lordi turned to Awa "How is that so Awa?" He asked and then Awa looked at the sky,

"You cannot enter the way they took the hostages. We must go back to Lapland if we are to enter this dark world you seek,"

Emily went deep into thought and began to wonder how going back to Lapland would help them reach this other dimension.

"There is a passage somewhere in Lapland in the darkest part of the forest that may have a hidden portal. Only there can we assume that is where these demons are hiding the hostages," Awa continued,

Emily felt scared inside but once again kept it to herself.

"I think I may know where that is Awa. I can remember back in the early centuries I spent alone. No one knows the forest Lapland better than I do. If I remember correctly I think I may know where to go to find the portal to this world," Mr. Lordi replied,

"As you wish Mr. Lordi. Be warned once you enter the dimension you will not be safe forever. I sense the power of dark and sometimes invisible forces will come immediately. If you truly believe the power of love can get you through this you must let your bond deepen as I said," Awa implored,

Mr. Lordi nodded and then turned to Kita who had approached, "Kita, I want you to assist Awa in preparing our forces. There may be a chance that if we do not find the enemy in this other dimension he will have led us here has a trap to imprison us and lead an attack on this world without us to stop him. So I need you to be prepared in case that happens. Amen and OX have been taken hostage along with the other civilians and we shall rescue them before confronting the enemy. Mana and Hella I want you to accompany Emily and I on this mission,"

All four monsters acknowledged Mr. Lordi's orders and then Mr. Lordi held Emily's hand. "Are you ready Emily?" he asked while looking at her with love which sent Emily the message that he needed her more than anyone right now.

Emily looked concerned like where she was about to go with him was not safe for her, but perhaps only her presence would give him the strength to overcome the danger that lay in that world, so instead she nodded quietly and then she, Mr. Lordi, Mana, and Hella joined hands. Mr. Lordi chanted the same words that he had chanted that took them back to Earth six months ago and then they vanished.

Minutes later, Mr. Lordi, Emily, Mana, and Hella were standing in Lapland. The weather was slightly cooler and it was autumn as the colored leaves littered the ground; not many were left on the trees. Seasons were not the same in Lapland as they were back on Earth. Mr. Lordi recognized his surroundings of his old home. Though he remembered how he had built himself a home underground after fleeing Evilyn it was good to see the forest had remained untouched. Soon, he began to recognize this part of the forest he was standing in: He knelt to the ground and traced the surface of the dirt with one hand and remember that something lay within it.

"My old friends," he said and sighed sadly and took a few steps forward with his back facing the others.

"I know where to go in order to reach this dimension. Something tells me we are close to it already. But I need a moment. Mana and Hella scout the area and await my orders. Emily come with me," he demanded calmly. Emily walked over to Mr. Lordi and stood beside him. He took her hand and led her down the path.

The two of them walked silently through the autumn forest. It was dusk now and dark was nearly half an hour away.

"I recognize this part of the forest. This is where I grew up," Mr. Lordi said. Emily listened to his words as she walked beside him. Mr. Lordi came across a burnt shack that was sitting in the center of a few trees.

"This is where I sheltered during a blizzard centuries ago. For five days I sat there until finally my powers allowed me to bring it to an end. I set this whole area on fire. Now I am amazed that the trees have grown back already."

Emily looked at him listening with a heavy heart and could tell he was sad to have returned to his old home and that nothing was the same there. Then they kept walking down the path until the sun had set and stars started to fill the sky.

"What happened to the sleigh you used to drive?" Emily asked.

Mr. Lordi did not look at her, "That, Emily, disappeared when I first left Lapland to gather my allies, I have not used it ever since,"

Emily did not respond knowing talking about this was difficult. Then they finally they came to a cliff overlooking a lake and the other side of the forest.

Mr. Lordi stopped, "This Emily is where I spent my days alone with my old friends. This is the only place that looks exactly as I remember it." he released his hand from hers, walked forward a little, and gazed at the sky.

Emily watched him and grew worried. Mr. Lordi put his hand on his monstrous heart.

"Standing here right now and seeing all this, even the parts that have not changed, It is still not the same anymore, this was my home and then that all changed when I realized the war was not over and that I needed someone to love. Now seeing this place again I....." he started to say but could not finish his sentence; he knelt to the ground once more and looked down feeling deep sorrow inside him.

"What's wrong?" Emily asked, kneeling down beside him.

Mr. Lordi looked at her. "I am sorry Emily, it is just hard to see the place I grew up in feel so deserted after all this time has passed."

Emily looked into his red eyes, "I know it's hard. But we will always have each other and together we can get through this. I know we can. Come on Mr. Lordi, first you tell me not to worry. Now it's time I return the favor. We're in this together." she said and stood up holding out her hand to him. Mr. Lordi looked at her with love and released she was right, and then he took it and stood up.

"Thank you Emily." he said and managed to smile,

"Now that's the Mr. Lordi I know and love!" Emily said sweetly. Mr. Lordi took her into his arms

"And the Emily I know and love is right here." he said and then without warning he kissed her passionately deciding to save the brutal part for later. She kissed him back and allowed her heart to pound hard at the moment knowing that all their special moments would last long to her inside before the storm was to hit once again. The stars twinkled above and soon it grew colder and snowflakes began to fall. The Aurora Borealis began to appear in the sky in a rainbow of colours. Mr. Lordi went deeper into the kiss and it soon turned brutal as the environment around them became more enchanting. Then, without breaking the kiss, he lifted her up and soon it stung her even more like venom. It was almost painful but did not bother her. Another special moment she wanted to save under glass forever.

After some time had passed, Mr. Lordi let the kiss go and stood Emily up again and saw how their surroundings had changed. Emily looked as well and felt snowflakes falling on her and then she looked the sky to see the Northern lights shimmering.

"Oh it's beautiful!" she exclaimed and even though the temperature was dropping she did not shiver.

"Are you cold?" Mr. Lordi asked her,

Emily shook her head and leaned against him,

"No I am warm." she said and then he put his arm around her.

Just then Mana and Hella approached. "Sorry to bother you, but we sense a dark presence in this area," Mana said.

Mr. Lordi and Emily turned to them, "Show us where you think it is," Mr. Lordi said.

Hella stepped forward and felt the earth shake beneath them.

"No, it cannot be!" she cried, and then all of a sudden the earth began to crack and opened a fissure right beneath them and with no time to react or escape the four of them fell through the fissure and into darkness.