Chapter 9 - Candy for the Cannibal

Mana and Hella were nearly unconscious from where they had landed. Mana felt himself hit the ground and he grunted in pain.

"Hella where are we?" he asked,

Hella sat up and the environment had changed once again. They were sitting on the cliff of a dark mountain overlooking black water that look like slime rather than a lake.

"We appear to be in a different part of the dimension Mana. It looks like we have been separated from Mr. Lordi and Emily,"

Mana looked down at the black lake below,

"That demon, he believes we are weak. I wonder if his intention of separating us and putting us in a place like this was to test us to see if we are worthy to save our hostages," he said as he then looked at the sky and saw a bolt of lightning strike above and noticed it hit the peak of the mountain. Hella looked in the same direction and realized that he may be right.

"We should go up there." she suggested, but suddenly after she spoke a loud noise was heard, a ferocious roar. Hella sensed there was something up there waiting for them and then she started walking down the path.

Mana had to run to catch up with her, "Wait, Hella do we even know what is up there? Something none of us have ever encountered before. I do not believe whatever is waiting there we can fight ourselves without Mr. Lordi by our side,"

Hella did not stop walking as the storm continued to get worse, "Mana we have not been with Mr. Lordi for very long. If we overcome what waits for us up there then maybe we can prove ourselves worthy to not only this demon but Mr. Lordi as well,"

Mana soon realized that she was right and then he walked beside her. I wonder if Emily and Mr. Lordi are all right, he thought as they followed the path towards the peak of the mountain. The sound of thunder grew louder and the lightning never ceased to strike. However to their surprise it struck more than twice where the summit was located. Mana crouched behind a rock as they neared around the corner leading to the summit. A bright light was seen where the lightning struck and then the loud roar was heard once again. Hella peered around the corner of where Mana stood behind her. The light grew brighter and when Mana turned to look, a huge claw burst out of the ground where the light shone.

"What is that?" Hella asked,

Mana looked as the creature roared and emerged out of the ground. It was enormous, round, black with huge claws, a tail and had glowing light blue eyes. It roared again and its mouth was glowing the same colour. "It does not see us but I think that is a cannibal. I have heard stories that cannibals live underground in the darkest dimensions in this universe and only come out on stormy nights,"

Mana said as he watched the cannibal sniff the air and began to sense the presence of pray. "You can fight right?"

Hella nodded, "I have some power that may come in handy," she said as she looked at the cannibal and saw a light behind it.

"Mana, look! That light could be our way out of here; we could find Emily and Mr. Lordi! We just need to get past that thing."

Mana hoped she was right and then the two of them snuck closer to the cannibal ready to fight.

Mana went first and transformed into the green swarm and flew towards the cannibal which was sniffing the ground looking for something to eat. He flew in front of its face and then the cannibal was blinded. Come and get me, Mana thought as he began to distract the creature long enough perhaps for Hella to charge up her power. Hella pulled out a long sharp knife that she had been carrying and then she remained in the shadows hoping that Mana would keep the cannibal distracted long enough for her to find its weak point. The cannibal began slashing at Mana's swarm roaring in frustration trying to get it out of its face by swinging its claws at the swarm.

Then suddenly the cannibal lunged at the swarm again and hit the center of it causing Mana to turn back to his original form. He fell to the ground unconscious and just as the cannibal was about to consume him Hella plunged her knife into the cannibal's chest. The cannibal screamed in pain but did not appear to die from the attack; it turned around to face Hella and pulled the knife out of its body.

The cannibal lunged towards Hella and she jumped aside trying to reach Mana to get him to a safe area but the cannibal blocked her way. Where is that power I have when I need it? She thought as she dodged the cannibal's attacks and rolled to the side and then ducked behind a corner out of the cannibal's sight. She shut her eyes and tried to think of what she would have done if Mana was able to help her. Something shook the ground once again and this time when Hella looked it was not another cannibal. Another hole opened and hundreds of zombie girls came crawling out and began to attack the cannibal. Hella soon realized that she was the one who summoned those minions. So that is what I can do, she thought as she watched them attack.

Mana woke up to see Hella's minions attacking the cannibal monster, "Where did those zombie dolls come from?"

"I brought them!" Hella exclaimed, still surprised that it was her who had the power to bring minions. "Now let us join them Mana!"

Then she and Mana charged into battle. The cannibal was surrounded and roared in frustration as it attacked the zombie dolls. Mana transformed into his swarm once again and tried to blind it. Hella made her way through the attacking dolls stealthily with her knife still in her hand until she made her way to the back of the cannibal and climbed on top of it. The cannibal had kicked aside most of the zombie dolls and had either wounded or killed them. Mana was dodging the attacks but he felt exhausted.

Hella soon was on the roof of the cannibal's head and she plunged the knife into it. The cannibal screamed even louder than it did last time she stabbed it and it fell to the ground dead. Hella jumped off and Mana turned back to normal.

"Nice work, I wonder where we have to go now," Mana said. The light was still visible from the center of the peak.

"Does that answer your question?" Hella asked as she walked towards it, "Come on, wherever this leads I am hoping that Emily and Mr. Lordi will meet us there,"

Mana followed her. "Next time we run into something that dangerous, let me take charge," He insisted.

"You have my word." Hella said. Then the two of them walked into the light and vanished from the dark mountain.

A/N: This chapter was really weird to write to be honest here, back then my vocabulary sucked when I first wrote this that I didn't know what a cannibal really was! So, when I wrote this chapter, I imagined it being something like those Reaper creatures that batarians turn into in Mass Effect which are called Cannibals and combined it with some insect features! I know, way off but still! A monster can have any name right? But I'm trying to keep as much of the original content in these remasters as possible, I wrote these stories back when I was in college and my writing wasn't what it is now, so yeah.