Chapter 6 - Schizo Doll

Emily was once again travelling through the time portal with Mr. Lordi beside her. It had been a risky journey so far and it was about to take another turn towards danger. Mana the pale pastor they had met in the last dimension they visited had promised to meet them in their own time as planned. Mr. Lordi concentrated his eyes forward on what was lying ahead knowing that whatever was coming their way next would be something he would have to protect Emily from once again.

Soon the portal opened and the two of them stepped out into once again a night sky only this time instead of a graveyard they were in a junkyard. Scraps of metal, plastic, cardboard, old furniture, broken toys, burnt out light bulbs and every other piece of garbage you could find in a dump. Emily took notice of a perfectly brand new child's doll lying under some rubble of broken metal.

"So sad; to think that someone would abandon their toys like this," Emily said.

Mr. Lordi held her hand, "This place Emily, is crueler than I thought, I sense great danger up ahead,"

"Who's coming for us?"

Mr. Lordi did not answer yet and the two of them began to walk towards a small shack at the edge of the junkyard.

Emily looked at the small shack up ahead and saw that there was a light in the window.

"Mr. Lordi wait. Do we even know what's in there?"

she asked as she glanced at the lit window as they walked. Mr. Lordi shook his head and did not say anything at first. He looked at the sky which was dark and overcast. The wind blew a light breeze that brushed against his face and then he stopped in his tracks and let go of Emily's hand.

"Stay here, "

Emily nodded and Mr. Lordi began to walk towards the small shack slowly. He drew out his double-bladed battleaxe and began to sense danger inside nearby; he walked faster and as soon as he reached the small shack he peered through the lit window. The glass was too blurred for him to see what was going inside, so Mr. Lordi wiped the fog clear with his hand but before he could get a better view of what was inside suddenly curtains from inside shut out his view.

Mr. Lordi grunted in annoyance and then went to the front door and knocked. No answer, not even a peek from the other side. Mr. Lordi felt relieved knowing that perhaps there was nothing on the other side. But just as he turned around to go back to Emily suddenly a loud high-pitched scream was heard. It was not Emily who screamed. Mr. Lordi knew it came from inside the shack; he immediately turned around swung his axe at the door.

The door shattered as soon as the axe came in contact with it and Mr. Lordi charged into the shack. He found himself standing in a single room with candles lit in the entire room; on the walls were chains of different blades, knives, swords, and all sorts of torture devices imaginable. Mr. Lordi was overwhelmed. What is a torture chamber doing out here in a junkyard? He wondered. Most important of all where did that loud scream come from? Mr. Lordi looked around and then the scream was heard again only this time it was louder. Mr. Lordi turned in the direction the scream came from and walked past all the other torture weapons he could see. It almost disturbed him to be in such a place. I do not want to see anyone, especially Emily in a place like this. He thought as he followed the sound of the scream that led him to another door.

The door was wired shut but Mr. Lordi had no need to worry. He swung his axe once again and chopped through it. He stepped inside and found himself in a dark room with a single candle on a table. A sharp deadly blade lay on the floor at his feet and the candle's flame was slowly dying. Mr. Lordi could see a weak figure lying on the floor and he walked towards it.

"Stay back." A soft female voice came from the figure on the floor. Mr. Lordi knelt down and looked at the girl on the floor. She was in chains and looked like she had been badly hurt.