Chapter 8 - The Riff

There was silence at first and no time to scream as they fell into darkness and Emily had no time to react to the fall. She reached out to perhaps grab Mr. Lordi's hand but it was so dark that she could not see him.

"Where are you Mr. Lordi?" she called out, but no one heard her. There was only silence and darkness and she began to wonder if she was alone and in the dimension they were looking for. Meanwhile, Mr. Lordi also was looking for Emily, he could not see in front of him and he could not find her.

"Come out Emily," he called, and no one answered him, and where were Mana and Hella? It was almost like being in a world of nothingness where nothing mattered except being lost in darkness.

Soon Mr. Lordi felt the darkness clearing slightly and he reached out to find Emily once again hoping he could see her and then suddenly he grabbed someone's hand that was smooth and he saw Emily's face appear.

"Emily! Are you all right?"

Emily could barely see him at first but she could hear his voice,

"Yes I'm fine Mr. Lordi. Where are we now?"

The darkness became clearer and Mana and Hella approached. The four of them were standing on a rocky ground with sharp black mountains and a dark distorted sky. It was eerie and almost like a nightmare in doomsville. So this is the dimension of the new demons, Emily thought as she stood closer to Mr. Lordi holding his hand. Mana looked at the sky and his two mandibles clenched together.

"Where are the demons?" he asked,

Hella looked around and was disturbed by the silence. Emily heard a sound that was quiet at first but it seemed that only she could hear it. When she looked in the direction the sound came from. she felt an icy shiver run down her spine to the sound of running footsteps but the source was invisible. Emily gasped in fear.

"Mr. Lordi! Did you hear that? It's not a Grim Reaper is it?" Emily asked while clinging onto his arm.

Mr. Lordi shook his head, "I don't think so Emily. Remember those invisible forces we encountered that took the hostages? That is what lives here. We may not be able to see them at first but I am starting to wonder how we can,"

Emily went silent and began looking around again. The environment seemed to disturb her more than the time she was in her house during the blackout. Mr. Lordi was speaking but Emily could barely hear a word he said for she was distracted by other sounds.

"We should move for the heart of this dimension. The hostages will possibly be held there. That is our best shot," Mr. Lordi said.

"What about the demons?" Mana asked.

"We take out as many as we can and keep pushing forward,"

Emily was the only one who did not hear what he said for she began to hear another strange sound and this time it was not footsteps of someone invisible. This time it was the ground moving light at first but soon became louder. It was as if something big was right underfoot.

Suddenly the ground began to shake hard like another fissure was coming then it began to crack surrounding them forming a separate platform from the rest of the ground and it began to descend. Emily held Mr. Lordi's hand again and stood close to him. Mr. Lordi looked at the sky as it began to grow darker.

"I think they know we are here." Hella said, and they began to go underground as the sight of the dark sky was no longer visible. Everything went black and they could not see anything not even each other. Mr. Lordi remained brave not wishing to run away as they plunged into darkness once again. The platform descended into a dark cave where everything was sealed. There was no way out and then the silence filled the room again. Soon they stopped moving and there was faint light from crystals below. Emily thought they were in a mine. As soon as the platform stopped Emily spoke.

"Just so you know I didn't do anything," she informed the others. Then out of nowhere an invisible force grabbed her and lifted her into the air and she screamed.

"Emily!" Mr. Lordi shouted, Emily had no time to react as the unseen force threw her against the wall and then pulled her back ready to slam her again. Emily could not even cry in pain. Mr. Lordi drew out his axe and still could not see what was attacking Emily. Then the crystals began to glow brighter and then suddenly the target became visible for a short while.

"Leave her alone!" Mr. Lordi growled as he charged towards the fading black demon, swung his axe, and chopped of its head right in front of Emily. Emily fell to the ground and Mr. Lordi knelt by her side.

"Are you all right?" he asked. Emily looked at him,

"I feel like hell but I'm not dead. Lucky for me I'm not bleeding or anything."

Mr. Lordi felt relieved and then he gave her a quick hug and helped her up. "What was that?" Hella asked as she walked over with Mana. Just then a vicious laugh was heard.

Mr. Lordi turned to face the source of the laughter and suddenly a dark shadow appeared in the center of the room and large demon red eyes glowed. "So you have come Lord of Lapland with your one true love and two stowaways. The power of love cannot defeat the darkness!" The voice said.

Mr. Lordi recognized this demonic voice as the demon claiming to be Evilyn's brother.

"Who are you?" he demanded. The demon snarled, "That is for you to know soon but not now. If you wish to save the hostages and friends you will never get there due to your weakness. Your friends are being held in the heart of this dimension and that I will not tell you! Figure it out yourselves you puny monsters!"

Mr. Lordi growled angrily and then stood in front of Emily, "Do not be too sure, we are worthy enough. Mana and Hella are strong as is my bond with Emily and as we travel to free our allies, you will see!"

The demon laughed once again and his eyes widened as he stared at all of them with an evil look and then he laughed even louder.

"THEN FACE YOUR DOOM!" he roared and then suddenly two large vortexes opened beneath them separating Mana and Hella in one and Mr. Lordi and Emily in the other and they fell into them instantly taken straight into the unknown.