𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

1st person POV: Y/N

The very first rooms I decided to work on were the master bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen. Seeing as I would be living there for a while, I needed the living essentials. I called and hired some painters so that I wouldn't have to worry about painting the whole house.

The best part about fixing up the house was tending to the garden. Since I had been here for a couple of days already, I was making some great progress on it. The garden was so quiet and peaceful. It is one of my favorite parts of the house. But there is one underlying problem with the house.

It always feels like I'm being watched. I continue to see shadows just out of the corner of my eye. And when I turn to look, they escape, just like always. 

I wish I could use my skills to fight off these "shadows". The self-defense lessons dad had given me would be useful for once. I pushed the thought of my dad from my mind. I didn't want it to distract me even further. 

I decided the only way to get my mind off of my paranoia is to sing while I work.

I'm so tucked away from the world that I can sing as loud as I want, and talk to myself constantly, without the weird looks. Singing always brings me the boost of serotonin that I need.

After finishing with the kitchen, I moved onto the master bedroom. I walked into a beautiful room with bay windows and a good-sized canopy bed. But everything was covered in a thick layer of dust.

It doesn't look like anything has been touched in quite a while. What did my aunt ever do with this house??

I walk into the bathroom and see myself in the mirror. I examine the slight circles under my eyes, seeing as I haven't had the best night's sleep for a couple of days. The nightmare just keeps returning to me, renewing my sense of paranoia. 

I hurry out of the bathroom, not wanting to dwell on those unpleasant thoughts, and head to the garden. 

I bask in the sunshine, filling up with as much warmth as possible, to push away the bad thoughts. 

While tending to the weeds in the path, I listen to my favorite soft songs playlist and sing along. 

??? POV

Y/N is quite the peculiar human, I have never seen one quite like here before. She seems to sense my presence, which is something most humans cannot do. Since the night I first observed her, I have never seen her exhibit any powers. 

I need to figure out the extent of her abilities because I know that I have the right girl, I have looked for so long and my efforts have not been quite fruitful but I was extremely lucky to have stumbled upon her. 

I think gaining her trust will be the right course of action. I will be able to push her into showing her powers. 

I think it's just about time to 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘦 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧.