𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

Alastor's POV

We had landed in an alley right next to one of Valentino's studios. It was in one of the slums but it would be a good place to begin the destruction. I felt her grip release from my arm and watched as she delicately tugged the hood over her head. She looked up at me with a small smile on her face, "Where should I start?" I nodded towards the building on my right,

"This is one of his studios. It is lesser-known but quite busy. This will garner the right amount of attention." I smiled down at her. "I will stay in case things go south, but the priority is for people to think it is just you doing this." She nodded at me, summoning her wings. They were a little scrunched in the alleyway. She flapped her wings until she was about eye-level with me.

"Thanks, Al, I'll see you after it's done." She smiled and flew to the top of the building. I heard some screams and took it as my cue to go into shadow form. I observed from the opposite side of the street. Some of her white hair had spilled out of the hood, floating around her as she launched lightning from her fingertips. 

Screams came from around me, but they faded into the background. They were just the harmonies to y/n's melody and it was truly music to my ears. I couldn't tell if she was singing or not, but her lips were slightly moving. From across the street, part of the studio exploded. People streamed out the doors, and bouncers rushed out, trying to find who was responsible. I saw their eyes lock onto y/n's dark figure, silhouetted by her wings. They didn't bother getting a second look.

From under her hood, I could see her eyes glowing a vibrant purple. The rest of the club exploded as she lifted her arms towards it. She was a living nightmare to the people around her. It was beautiful. Her horns shot up from her head, slightly piercing the hood. Her smile grew wider as she merged into her rage form. 

I shifted to different vantage points as scared demons rushed into the allies, fighting each other for safety. As I shifted two streets across from the destruction, I saw news vans pull up. They got out, trying to document her powerful take-over of Valentino's district. Suddenly, huge limousines started filing into the street. I saw y/n's head lurch up, spotting the multiple incoming vehicles. She pulled her hands apart, revealing a small bubble. She enlarged it to unimaginable proportions and launched it into the air.

It had quickly swallowed the whole district, cutting off everyone's access in and out. I smiled at her resourcefulness and quick planning. Many people started getting out of the limousines, each with a different weapon in hand. They were Valentino's personal guards. But I knew they would be no trouble for y/n. 

She pointed towards them as a violent smile grew across her face. Her mouth moved in a rhythm, chanting their demise. Suddenly the cars blew up, launching them across the street. She swooped down towards them, like a bird going for its prey, and grabbed one of the guards. 

She carried him into the air, but a knife came out and swiped her arm. She dropped him from high out of the air. Just for that injury,  I opened a void underneath him. Now he would never be heard of again. The rest of Valentino's calvary started cowering in fear but continued to advance. 

She glanced towards them, her eyes partly closed, and lifted her finger gracefully towards the thugs. Indigo vines shot up from the ground, enveloping them. She flew away, causing more destruction. The thugs continued to struggle against the vines, thrashing their arms. The vines were thick, like shadows, and slowly swallowed them into the ground. 

The news vans documented this small horror, surprised that they hadn't been taken out yet. She knew exactly what she was doing. She was completely in control of this whole situation. She launched herself into the air and released two huge bolts of lighting onto the small part of the city. As things exploded behind her, the black hood fell from her head. White hair fell from it, floating around her. She was indeed, terrifyingly beautiful.

Something materialized in her hand. She looked at it laying in her hands and gripped it tight. It was a scythe staff that was a little shorter than her actual height. She smiled and pointed it towards a building. It shot her lightning from its tip and it exploded on impact. 

A reporter timidly waved to her from the ground, trying to get her attention

A reporter timidly waved to her from the ground, trying to get her attention. Surprisingly, she saw him and shot down towards the ground as she had practiced with Husk. Before she hit the ground right before him, she flew up and landed right in front of the reporter. Her hand landed on her hip, the other gripping the staff. Her eyes glowing with power. The reporter looked incredibly small next to her 6'2" frame. 

"H-hello miss Dark A-Angel, do you have any-anything to say to the people of Hell?" A camera was pointed up towards her. She smiled at his stuttering. I could tell she was enjoying his fear. 

She laughed, a sweet sound compared to the destruction she had caused. She looked directly at the camera. "It's time the prophecy was fulfilled, don't you think?" She glanced to her right and snapped her fingers. From the distance, Valentino's building sunk behind the rise, falling into the void.  She looked back into the camera, "This is my territory now, Valentino. Feel free to try and take it back, but you will be risking my wrath." With that, she grabbed both sides of the camera and squished it, turning it to dust within her grip.

I heard someone from the van shout at her, "What the Hell was that for?!" She didn't even glance back at the voice as it disappeared into the void. She flew back up into the sky and looked around. She flew a few streets over and I followed. She dropped into a back alley and I materialized behind her. 

"That was magnificent, my dear. You certainly staked your claim." She turned and smiled at me, eyes slightly glowing. Her horns and shrunk back to their normal size and her white hair rested over the black hood. She raised the scythe towards the bubble around the city and it popped. She giggled and smiled up at me, "That was fun." She was breathing hard, her face slightly flushed from all her fun. 

I looked into her eyes and found myself looking at the galaxy trapped within. They glowed with power. Speeding cars shook me out of my trance. I looked up at the street and saw cars rushing past, probably more cars from Valentino's goons. I heard her as she looked at the street, "Time for us to leave." She reached out for my hand and I took it. We materialized inside the hotel's library. Right back to where we had started

I felt her grip release and realized that I had tried to continue to hold it. It had felt so natural. I heard a voice from downstairs. "Y/n? Are ya here?!" Angel's voice drifted up into the library. She yelled back down to him. "We're up in the library!" She turned around and glanced towards the library window. I could see the smoke from our last engagement. She got rid of her wings and delicately took off the hood. She folded it up and held it in her hands. She examined the scythe in her hand.

"I have no idea what this is."

I summoned my cane and held it out to her, "I have one as well, but I'll say it is much less impressive than yours." I chuckled.

Suddenly, Angel appeared in the hallway, breathing hard, "Why the fuck are there so many stairs?" He laughed and walked towards y/n. She spun around and went to hug him. I felt something in my chest as they embraced. I was slightly confused by the feeling. What was it?

 He looked at her. "That was so fuckin' awesome!"

"You saw it?" 

"Hell yeah I did! It was broadcast all over Hell! That was so dramatic and I'm so here for it!"

She laughed and looked up to Angel, "I tried my best." She looked back at me, "I learned how to be dramatic from the best." I chuckled at her quip and returned one, "I would say you are now much better at it than I am. Especially with your on-camera appearance."