𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟐

Alastor's POV

"Al.... I can't. it's too strong."

"Y/N!"

I tried calling out for her a few more times, but it was too late. All three of them had disappeared. Dread filled my stomach.

She was gone. I knelt down on the spot where she had once been. All that was left was her earpiece. I held it in my fist, careful not to smash it in my rage. I spoke into the tiny thing, trying to sound normal, but I was far from that. 

"Meet me in the alley on 23rd street."

I didn't wait to hear the little imps' voices. I reached out to y/n's mind, but all I could find was fuzzy darkness. I stood up as I started to hear footsteps. Waiting until they were right behind me to turn around. 

They laughed as they walked in, thinking they had won. In fact, it was much further than that. "Alastor? What are you doing here? Where's y/n?"

I turned around at the mention of her name and grabbed the tallest imp of the group. He had been the one to get her shot, and he had been the one who failed to tell me their plan. I pushed him against the back wall of the alley, holding him by the neck. 

"S̵̙͕̀̃ḣ̖̻͛̓ẹ̿͋̒̕'s̠҉͍͊ͅ ĝ̽̓̀͑o̯̱̊͊͢ṇ̤͛̒̍ẹ̿͋̒̕."

He struggled against my grasp, but couldn't escape. Suddenly I felt something tugging at my coat. "Sir, please let him down and explain everything to us." 

"W̯ͤ̾ͣ͝ḣ̖̻͛̓y҉̃̀̋̑ s̠҉͍͊ͅḣ̖̻͛̓o̯̱̊͊͢ư̡͕̭̇l̙͖̑̾ͣḑ̴̞͛̒ I̍̅̀̎̊? Ỵ̛̖͋͢o̯̱̊͊͢ư̡͕̭̇ ḑ̴̞͛̒ỉ͔͖̜͌ḑ̴̞͛̒ṇ̤͛̒̍'t̲̂̓ͩ̑ t̲̂̓ͩ̑ẹ̿͋̒̕l̙͖̑̾ͣl̙͖̑̾ͣ ḿ̬̏ͤͅẹ̿͋̒̕ ḣ̖̻͛̓ẹ̿͋̒̕r̴̨̦͕̝ p̞̈͑̚͞l̙͖̑̾ͣā̤̓̍͘ṇ̤͛̒̍."

"She didn't tell us till she was already on their trail, sir. We had no idea, but what happened to her?"

I dropped the imp I was holding onto the ground. He gasped for air as I turned and walked back towards the group. The rage was still roiling inside of me, but I needed to try and communicate with her weak links. "Y/n was taken. By both Velvet and Vox. I don't know what happened, but she couldn't fight back when they took her. Tell me, what was her plan to begin with." 

The other little imp with black hair spoke up. "She wanted this plan for you. And all the other people she loved. She was going to take out Velvet and Vox as fast as possible. We didn't know she was going to do this until a few minutes ago."

I took a deep breath and put a hand to my mouth. Of course, y/n would've done that. Why hadn't I seen it before? I guess I hadn't calmed her worries about Lucifer. 

I shook my head in disbelief and turned towards the imp on the ground, but was greeted by the silhouette of an angry Stolas. "How dare you lay a finger on him." His voice was threatening, but it was easily dwarfed by the rage running through my body. 

"Your little imps didn't honor the agreement. Y/n has been taken by Vox and Velvet, and previously, was shot by Valentino after she told them to remove his weapons. There was also nothing in the contract that stated I couldn't hurt him."

He looked taken aback by what I had said but didn't hesitate for a moment. He turned towards the imps on the ground. "I want to know where she is right now. The building should be heavily guarded due to the nature of y/n's powers, so it shouldn't be hard to find." He stood up as they all ran out of the alley.

Turning to look at me, he said, "She must have been sedated, there is no way they could keep someone that strong without it." 

I stared ahead, "I'll keep this little earpiece thing, so I'll know if you find her. But I'm going to search for myself. Your imps have been less than helpful as of late."