𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

Alastor's POV

Y/n looked different when she left with Angel and his friend. Like she had finally embraced her destiny. I needed to tell her the full prophecy of the Dark Angel, she has no idea. I walked back into the hotel, glad that Vaggie was no longer being a nuisance. 

I headed to the back of the Hotel, wanting to go into the back garden. Once I got out into the garden, I sat down on a bench. I was glad I had created this, It was a good place to think. I relished the silence filling my ears when out of the blue, I heard someone humming. I looked around but did not see anyone. I couldn't sense anyone near me either. They hummed a D minor chord, and then the inversion.

It sounded like y/n? But she was nowhere near me, how could I be hearing her voice? The sound faded into the distance and then disappeared. I closed my eyes, deep in thought. "Why do I want her? I feel like I need her. I hated to think it, but Charlie may be right." I heard someone close the back door of the hotel and rush towards me. I looked up, the footsteps belonged to none other than Nifty.

"Hello, there Nifty! How are you today dear?"

"I'm good... I had to tell you something but I forgot," She paused. "Are you thinking about the new girl?"

I was slightly taken aback by her question, but she was never one to hide her true feelings.

"Why do you think so?"

"Well you look confused, and y/nseems to be confusing you a lot lately."

I laughed, she truly was entertaining. She looked down at the ground and said in a quiet voice, "i think you and y/n are cute together."

I grinned a little wider at her, "Well she seems to be quite frustrated with me right now. I don't blame her."

She smiled up at me, "Oh I remember what I needed to tell you! Y/n is on TV!"

My grin faltered, "What?"

"Just follow me!"

We walked back into the hotel, me practically running to keep up with Nifty. I opened the door and found everyone huddled around a small TV at the bar. The announcer's voice got louder as I got closer. "It seems that an ordinary turf war has rocketed into something much more than that," The announcer paused, holding her ear. "This just in, it seems that THE Dark Angel is hovering over the exploding building. Her wings are huge! A huge void has opened up under the burning building swallowing it whole!"

Everyone was staring wide-eyed at the TV. Charlie and Vaggie looked frightened, Husk looked bored as always and Nifty had on a wide, crazy smile. On the small little screen, I could see y/n's form. Her horns had grown much bigger and her hair floated around her. Her eyes glowed a bright purple.

I heard the front door slam, startling everyone at the TV. Y/n walked in with Angel dust right behind her. Vaggie walked towards her and started talking faintly. Y/n looked towards the bar and Nifty ran towards her, introducing herself. ""Hi, I'm Nifty! It's nice to meet you!" Y/n squatted to the ground, getting closer to Nifty. She shook her tiny hand, "It's nice to meet you Nifty, I'm Y/n."

She looked up at me and I turned my head away. She finally embraced herself and her powers. She had a blood smear on her cheek and some blood on her clothes. I could see the energy behind her shining violet eyes and her wide smile. She had gotten the revenge she so dearly wanted. 

She walked towards the bar and Charlie asked, "Do you think that was a good idea? Now all of Hell knows you're here." She smiled sheepishly.

Y/n glanced back at Angel and smiled, "It was time." Her eyes moved to me, "I'm not going to hide anymore. And with Al's help, I can start to understand my powers." I was surprised by what she said. She was offering an olive branch. I reached out and took it. "Of course." I smiled warmly at her. 

She looked at everyone, "If you guys will excuse me, I'm going to change. I'm a mess." 

Angel commented, "But It was a fuckin fun mess!" They both laughed together and started walking up the stairs together. I interrupted their chat, "Excuse me Y/n, could I possible take you through the garden? I need to talk to you about your powers."

"Sure Al."

She followed me out to the back door and I held the door open for her. She looked up at me, "What did you want to talk about?"

"You need to know about the whole prophecy, especially now that all of Hell knows your here."

She looked at me. Her eyes frustrated, "Wait, there's more?"

"Unfortunately, yes. The prophecy states that you will overthrow all the leaders of Hell..." I stopped myself when I saw her face fall. "What's wrong?"

"I wouldn't have told all of Hell I'm here if I had known that?! Why didn't anyone tell me? Why isn't Charlie mad at me? Isn't her father Lucifer? Why aren't you mad at me?"

"Well, I would assume everyone already thought you knew. I was going to tell you after you learned about your powers so I didn't overwhelm you, but It seems that plan went out the window. Charlie probably isn't mad at you because she doesn't care if her father is the leader of Hell or not, she just wants to be with Vaggie and run this hotel." I looked down at her sad eyes and the small line of blood on her cheek. 

I took a finger and wiped the blood from her face, "And I'm not mad at you because I don't care if you overthrow me." She gazed up at me with her violet eyes, they were almost hypnotizing. Then she uttered the worse thing she could've asked, "Why?"

At that moment, I heard a rustling in the bushes. Y/n turned around, questioning the sound. I could hear a tiny shrieking from the bush "MY OTP!" Unfortunately, it was Nifty.  "Oh no," I muttered, putting a hand to my face. Nifty lept out of the bush yelling, "I love it!!!" I could feel a small blush crawl across my face, thankfully y/n was looking down towards Nifty. 

"Hi there!" y/n smiled at her and Nifty jumped into her arms, "May I ask, what's an OTP?"

I shook my head at Nifty, hoping she wouldn't make this situation more awkward than it was right now. She smiled at me evilly. She would always come to me with her ridiculous pairings of overlords, but this was infinitely worse. "It's nothing!" She said sweetly, "Can I see your wings?"

"Of course!" She looked back up at me, "You might want to step back, I think they've gotten bigger." I stepped a good distance away and her wings exploded onto her back. Bits of her wings sparkled in the light of the red sun. She looked at Nifty in her arms, "Do you want to fly with me?" Nifty nodded excitedly.

Y/n smiled and started flapping her wings. She was so strong that she almost shot off the ground. I was glad she was still holding Nifty in her arms, but I really didn't want her to drop Nifty. Y/n's white hair streamed behind her as they went further into the air. She really did look like the Dark Angel. 

She hovered in the air, her wings still flapping. I could hear them faintly talking to each other, but couldn't make out the words they were saying. To my surprise, y/n started throwing Nifty in the air, and catching her on the way down. I could hear Nifty's giggles all the way on the ground. A smile grew on my face, but it started to fall, just as Nifty was doing. Y/n raced down after her, seeing as she had missed her. 

I threw down my staff and tried to position myself under Nifty. Just as she was about to fall into my arms, y/n swooped down and caught her, the tips of her wings brushing my fingers. Nifty and y/n burst into laughter. Nifty looked at me, "We got you so good!" 

Y/n wiped a black tear from her eye, "You should've seen the look on your face." I stood there and laughed, "Well I thought you dropped her!" I gave her a devilish smile, "Guess I will have to get you back."