𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒

Alastor's POV

She was in my arms again. She was finally safe. They will never touch her again. 

This was the first time that I had cried since I died. I didn't think I even had the ability to make tears anymore. I couldn't hold them in, or be strong for y/n. The relief of having her with me pushed them out.

I held the earpiece out to her after we held each other. "I believe this is yours." She smiled weakly, the smile not reaching her eyes, and took it from my hand. The imps had been in my ear for a day and a half, it had been incredibly taxing on my patience, but it was all worth it for y/n. 

Something had changed in y/n's eyes. They had beat the sparkle out of them. She put the earpiece in and started talking. "Thank you so much, guys." She paused for them to talk and then continued speaking. 

"Thank you again." She took out the earphone and held it in her hands. Without thinking, I scooped her up in my arms. Much to my surprise, she didn't fight me. Her head rested against my arm. 

She looked like she had been broken again. She didn't have any visible injuries, but I could tell she was hurting. I shifted back to the house and laid her on the bed. "Get some rest, darling."
Before I could leave, she grabbed me by the arm of my coat. 

"Please, stay." She slowly scooted over and I laid down next to her. She buried her head in my chest. Not making a sound, she just lay there, her arms wrapped around me. I hugged her head close to me. 

"Nothing can hurt you now, you are safe." Her eyes looked like they were in a far away place. I didn't want to invade her mind, especially if she was reliving her trauma, so I started singing to take her mind off of it.\

La vie en rose

Quand il me prend dans ses bras
Qu'il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose
Il me dit des mots d'amour
Des mots de tous les jours
Et ça m'fait quelque chose

Her eyes snapped out of their delirium and she looked up at me. She had a smile on that finally reached her eyes. My heart lept at it. I continued singing to ease her mind.

Il est entré dans mon cœur
Une part de bonheur
Dont je connais la cause

Her eyes drooped sleepily. Her head leaned against my chest.

C'est lui pour moi, moi pour lui dans la vie
Il me l'a dit, l'a juré, pour la vie
Et dès que je l'aperçois
Alors je sens en moi
Mon cœur qui bat

She was completely asleep. The day had taken its toll on her. It felt good to have her body in my arms again; I was finally complete. 

Her body slowly rose and fell with her breath. It broke my heart to see her mind like that. Those overlords had done so much damage to her, releasing her trauma. I yearned to destroy the one who first caused her that pain, but she had already done it herself.

She had fought her own demons, and she won. I looked at her sleeping figure, scared that she would not be the same after what Vox had done to her. But I knew she would return to normal, especially since I had killed them, once and for all. 

My eyes started to get heavy while gazing at her sleeping face. I slightly chuckled at what was happening, but easily slipped into a comfortable sleep. 

Y/N's POV

I woke up to Al's peaceful face. He had a small smile on. 

I carefully slipped out of his arms and walked over to the bathroom. I stepped in and turned on the shower. My face looked absolutely awful. I had bags under my eyes and my hair was still in its braid, but it was stained red by my own blood.