𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

Alastor's POV

I had stood at the entrance of the alleyway, creating room for y/n and Angel to have their fun. But it was a huge mistake. I should've been right by her side. As soon as I saw the gun rise from Valentino's coat, I was rushing towards her, but I was too late. 

Without any hesitation, I went to Valentino and snapped his neck. I could feel my rage trying to take over, but I kept it under control. I took out the white angel knife from my coat and plunged it into his heart. He wouldn't be coming back. 

I walked away from the lifeless body; he didn't even deserve the decency to be sucked into the void. I wanted him to rot in this alley. 

I turned around and rushed to y/n. I pushed Angel away from her body. Her eyes were open, but they weren't focusing on anything. Black tears leaked from the corners of her eyes and slid down the side of her face. I could barely make out the words on her lips, "I-it h-hurts."  

"It's going to be okay y/n. Stay with me. 

Blood was slowly oozing from the wound as her eyes drifted closed. I ripped a piece of her hood and tied it around her stomach, trying to staunch the flow. I immediately shifted all three of us back to the hotel and into her old room. Angel started yelling down into the lobby.

"I NEED BANDAGES AND CLEANING SUPPLIES NOW. Y/N WAS SHOT." I could see tears glistening on his face, but his voice didn't show it. I created a portal and Nifty hopped through it. 

"You know what to do," I said stiffly. I laid y/n on the bed and looked at the wound. The bullet hadn't gone all the way through. I turned my arm into shadow and went into the wound. She grunted out in pain, but I had to find it. 

As Nifty returned with the bandage materials, I pulled the shiny gold bullet from her upper stomach and placed it on the nightstand.

 Charlie and Vaggie rushed into the room. Without saying anything, Vaggie rushed over to the opposite side of the bed and started cleaning the wound. Y/n cried out as the alcohol brushed over her stomach.

Charlie and Angel stood by the door. Vaggie looked up from the wound, "She's going to be okay. We just need to keep the wound clean."

 Angel spoke up from the side of the room. "I have seen her heal a small cut before. We just have to keep it bandaged until she can wake up and heal it." I didn't respond but nodded. I started bandaging her up. 

I finished and tied them tightly then looked up at her face. A final tear rolled down her cheek, leaving dark lines out of her eyes. I could feel rage welling up inside of me at not being able to protect her. 

"Get o̯̱̊͊͢ư̡͕̭̇t̲̂̓ͩ̑." My anger spilled out before I was able to contain it. The room quickly emptied at the sound of my voice. Before Nifty left, she put her hand on my arm. 

"She'll be okay Al." She left the room soon after. I sat down in a chair right next to the bed and held her hand. I knew that she would be fine, but I was so angry at her and myself. "Why did she have to jump in front of the bullet for Angel?" 

I knew why. She was protecting her friend. She had started with Valentino's on purpose; it was all for Angel. I rested my head in my hands. "ʰᵒʷ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ˢʰᵉ'ˡˡ ᵇᵉ ᵒᵏᵃʸ?" The small voice came from the back of my mind. 

"She is strong. She has been through much worse." I hated debating with the voices in my mind, so I cut the conversation short. 

Guilt continued to wash over me as I looked at her. Her face looked like it was calm. Her long eyelashes rested on her cheeks, her braid resting on the bed.