𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

Y/N POV

I felt Alastor's eyes on my back as I left the library. I turned around to thank him again. "Thanks again, Al." He smiled at me and tilted his head. 

I walked up the stairs to my room with Angel behind me. I felt something wet drip down my right arm. I looked down and found myself bleeding. I laughed and looked back at Angel.

"Did you know I was bleeding?" 

"I was gonna mention that, but Cherri has been textin' me nonstop about your first territory grab." He looked up from his phone, smiled at me, and then looked back down as his phone continued to buzz. "You are all over the news."

I turned back around and a small grin spread on my face as I walked into my room. "Are Overlords doing anything yet?" I entered the bathroom and ran the faucet. Before I washed my arm, I admired the art that the rivulets of blood had created down my arm. I reached my arm into the water and the blood quickly washed away. 

"Val is bringing in more of his thugs right now. No one has heard anything from him, but I know that he is probably pissed the fuck off." He laughed out loud.

I gave a small laugh and looked back at my arm. I decided to try something new. A hummed a small tune and found the shadow-vines twisting towards my arm. I kept the picture in my mind of the vines stitching up my wound. 

The shadows reached down stitched themselves through my skin. I could feel their tug as they exited my skin and I looked down amazed. "Look at what I just did Ang!"

I held out my arm towards him and he looked up, "Wait, wasn't that the arm that was cut?" I nodded enthusiastically. "Shit...you can literally do anything."

I turned back around towards the mirror and saw Ena again. I didn't want to talk to her in front of Angel, so I tried speaking to her as she spoke to me. I thought towards her, "Hey Ena, long time no see."

Surprisingly, she responded. "We've been using our power well lately. I didn't think I needed to stress you out more."

I laughed inwardly, "Thanks." I turned away from the mirror and went back into the bedroom. Then, the door slammed open. Vaggie stormed in and Charlie was right behind her. 

Vaggie looked at me, then Angel, then back to me. I glanced behind her, over to Charlie. She had an apologetic look in her eyes. I looked back at Vaggie, "Y/n, may I talk to you? Outside?" Her tone was calm, but I could hear the collared anger she was keeping down. 

"Yeah, of course." I walked outside with her, Charlie trailing close behind. I looked behind, back into the room, and saw Angel mouthing something to me, "good luck."

I was now thoroughly terrified about what Vaggie was going to get mad at me about. She took me downstairs into the deserted lobby. We stopped In a corner of the lobby and Vaggie took a deep breath. "I know that you are fulfilling whatever this prophecy is. I know that you are powerful. But I feel like you are endangering our hotel." She started to sound a little angrier, "This hotel is for people who want redemption. And I don't want it to get dragged down with the fulfillment of your powers." Charlie placed a hand on her shoulder trying to calm her down.

I looked between them. "I am so sorry, I-i didn't know this was endangering the hotel. I never meant to do that. I tried to make sure no one knew I was here. Except for the people who work here."

Charlie spoke up from behind Vaggie. "We know that! And you have been great with everything."

Vaggie interjected, "But we're worried that this new territory fight is going to destroy what we are trying to do here." 

I nodded about what she was saying, "I totally agree and I understand your worries."

Charlie looked at me with worry in her eyes. "But you can stay here until you find a place to stay."

I looked at her, "Don't worry about it! I mean, I just have come into some new territory." I let out a small laugh, "I'll just go there. Or I could take a whole apartment building." 

I could see relief flood into both of the girl's eyes. It kind of made me sad, but I understood the worries for their business. I felt a hand land on my shoulder, "Oh, don't be silly dear! You will stay with me." 

Suprise filled all of our faces as I turned around and looked up into Al's eyes. None of us had known he'd been there. "No Al, I don't want to be a bother to anyone else. I can go closer to where I'll be grabbing territory."

"Of course not! Those are the slums of Hell, my dear, I insist!"

I looked back at Vaggie and Charlie. "Guess it will be sooner than you guys thought." I gave a small smile and started to head back up the stairs. Alastor followed me back up to my room. "We can get you settled as soon as you pack your things up."

I smiled up at him and walked into my room, Alastor trailing me. Angel looked up from his phone. "Woah, what's happenin' here?" 

"Charlie and Vaggie don't think it's smart for me to stay here anymore. Al offered to give me a place to stay."

"What?! I thought that they wanted to help people! You needed a place to stay!"

"I understand what they mean though. They don't want to get dragged into this. I don't blame them." Al stayed by the door while I walked into the closet. I heard Angel dust run out of the room. I just shook my head in silent laughter. I started picking clothes to take to Al's. I didn't have a bag so I started to pack lightly. 

Then I heard Angel's footsteps walk right back into the room. He had a few suitcases in his hand and he slammed them on the floor of the closet. "This is bullshit. They are so hypocritical!" Surprisingly, he spurted another pair of hands from his waist. Bringing the total up to 6 hands.

"Woah, I didn't know you had more."

"They come in handy." He smiled up at me and winked. I grinned and rolled my eyes. Angel was an expert packer, with his 6 arms, and quickly folded everything tight and neatly. He looked down at the 2 suitcases and folded his arms. "I'm amazing."

"You so are." He stood all the way up to his 8ft tall height and looked down at me. I could see little tears spring into his eyes. "Hey, it's okay. We'll still see each other! I'll even go grab a phone somewhere."

He nodded and then wrapped me in a hug. I hugged back for a bit, and then I started to not be able to breathe. With all his arms squeezed around my body, I struggled to say something. "H-hey Ang? It's s-tarting to get hard to breathe." I said with a wheezy laugh. He laughed and let go.

I looked back at him as I walked towards Al, "See ya, Angel." He stood there in the closet and let out a small wave. 

Al looked up at me from the chair he was sitting at. His smile was really big for some reason. "Are you ready to go my dear?" I nodded and he guided me out of the room by my shoulder. His voice came from behind me, "There's just one last thing we need to pick up."

We walked into the library and saw Nifty in the corner, dwarfed by the chair she was sitting on. "Wait, is Nifty coming with us?"

"Of course! Why I couldn't go anywhere without my little Nifty." He reached over and messed up her hair. He had a loving look in his eye. To myself, I thought, "Awww, he loves her." He looked up at me like I had said something.

"What did you say, my dear?"

I was thoroughly confused because I hadn't said anything to him. I raised my eyebrow, "Uh, I didn't say anything." I said with a small laugh. Nifty came around from Al and went to hold my left hand. 

She looked up at me and waved. "Hi y/n!" 

"Hi, Nifty."

Al motioned for me to drop my luggage on the ground. I put them down and they promptly disappeared. I looked to Al. "Those will be in your room, so don't worry." He held his arm out to me and I wrapped my hand around it. I felt us shift to a new place. Sunlight was now hitting my eyelids. "Here we are."