𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Y/N POV

I sat in my room for the rest of the day learning more about my powers. Determined to learn as much as I could. Alastor had obviously seen Angeldust, so he knew that he was connected to me. 

I looked up from the book, letting out a deep breath. Even if Al doesn't find me, maybe I could use them to find and destroy Jared for what he did to my family. He was bound to be down here with me. I yearned for the chance to carry out my revenge on him.

I decided to go change, seeing as I was still in the clothes I wore during the little territory dispute. I pulled out a lilac sweater and black pants that flared out at the ends. The sweater gently fell off my shoulders and complimented my eyes. 

I looked around my room, wanting a change in scenery. "I'm pretty sure I'm the only one at the hotel right now." Angel was at an appointment, Charlie and Vaggie were handing out flyers for the hotel, Husk was out at another bar, and I still hadn't seen Nifty during the time I've been here. 

With the book in my arms, I headed upstairs to the library on the 5th floor. I opened the double doors and found floor-to-ceiling bookshelves around the entire room. It was a two-story library. I stood in the center of the room, admiring how big it was. "This is my dream!" I kicked myself for never coming in here before now. There were comfy couches and chairs on one side of the room and an empty fireplace on the other. "I wonder if they have ever lit that?" I thought out loud. It was Hell after all, so it was never cold. 

Using a ladder, I climbed up to the second story of the library and found a window seat to sit in. I sat crisscrossed in the seat and opened the book in my lap. I sat there for hours, learning how to use my magic and practicing it. 

There were so many destructive spells housed in this book that it made me laugh. I could now open a dark abyss that swallows buildings whole, summon shadows for my bidding, and throw balls of energy. I set the book down, even though I could feel my greed wanting to know more destruction.

I wanted to explore the types of books this library had to offer. I just needed to get my mind off of current events. Escaping to a new world would be useful for my mental state. I hummed while I browsed the upper section of the library. It surprised me how much my singing voice sounded like my old voice. 

I started singing a little tune I had learned a few years ago, Once Upon a December. Oh, how I missed singing. I had hidden it for so long that I had forgotten what it felt like. It was nice to practice in this empty hotel. 

Dancing bears,
Painted wings,
Things I almost remember,
And a song someone sings
Once upon a December.

I danced around looking on the shelves for a proper book to sit down with. There were many classics here, but some I had never read before.

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

The song rang out in the room, echoing through the tall library. I hit every note on, as I had practiced for days while singing this song. I had wanted to be in the musical, but never got accepted. That felt like such a long time ago. 

Far away, long ago,
Glowing dim as an ember,
Things my heart used to know,
Once upon a December

I picked through a few books and held them in my arms. While singing, I wondered if there was a way to control things with my voice. Kind of like a siren, but without luring people to their deaths. I walked back to my seat and set the books down. Was there a spell like that?

Someone holds me safe and warm.
Horses prance through a silver storm.
Figures dancing gracefully
Across my memory...

I flipped through the pages, determined to find something to satisfy my new idea. But after looking through the book twice, I couldn't find a single thing on it. How about I try it myself. Using the last two verses of the song, I tried to thread power into the notes.