Chapter 3: I See Red

Patty came to pick me up and took me to this old vintage-looking diner

We sat at the green booth and a waitress in a yellow uniform came to take our order. Her name tag said, Clara. She had white hair in braids that reached her waist. She looked old, like in her 40s old, and had gorgeous dark mocha skin that her silver highlighter was shining on her cheekbone.
Patty smiled at her and said, "I'll have my usual, Clara." The lady looked at me and put her hand on her hip"You're a beautiful little thing, aren't you? What's your name sweet cheeks?" I smiled"Caroline." Patty said, "She came for her job interview and is my new friend."

I don't remember agreeing to that.

Clara said, "What can I get you, honey pie?" I smiled and looked at the menu but decided to say"I'll have whatever my friend is having." Clara chuckled"Baby girl, you're in for a surprise how much this girl can eat." And walked away. Patty said"I love Clara so much. I've been coming here since I was a teen. She always slips a strip of extra bacon in my plate." I chuckled and kept hearing her talk about her likes. What she's so passionate about.

Here's what I know: Patty loves crime TV shows, loves clothes and shopping, hardcore fan of Rock music, and is currently single.

I looked past her and saw a tall guy entering the diner, wearing black gym tights with black shorts on top and a black hoodie with the hood on. It was hard to see his face. I saw Clara strode to him and wrap her arms around his torso as he kissed her forehead.
From his height and build, he didn't look a day older than 26 but then again I could be wrong.

Go Clara for dating a young man.

She passed him a take out and he walked out. There was something about him that bugged me. I looked out the glass window and I could see him mysteriously walking to his Jeep. But he stopped in his tracks and I thought he'd turn around... I badly wanted him to turn around but he didn't and just got in his black Jeep and drove away.

I looked back at Patty and saw Clara coming at us with two white plates in her hand. She put one in front of me and the other in front of Patty. It was six pieces of fried chicken with fries, buns, and sauce. It was a lot. I looked at Patty and smiled as she started eating the leg first.

Clara was right. Patty could eat. She ate all her food including all the fires and even ate my leftovers after I offered her because I couldn't eat any more than three pieces.

X

On our drive to the arena, I looked out the window. Maple Town was mostly a forest. I asked, "So what's the deal with Maple Town and wolves?" I looked at her as she weirdly took a deep breath and said"Well, Maple Town used to be called Maple Village. I grew up listening to the legends from my mother and granny. And it's quite popular ones about men that turn into beasts at night, searching for their true love, howling in hope that they find their soulmate one day." I snickered"Sounds like a bunch of single hormonal men." Patty smiles"You'd be surprised."