Chapter 7: The Legend

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

It was nice spending time with Jaxon. He was really a gentleman.

Hanging out with him for a day or two, I went back to New York. I was ready to move to Maple Town. I had a job, an amazing loft (thanks to Jaxon), and a way to be completely away from him. I jumped at the opportunity as the doors opened without giving it a second thought.

I can't stop thinking about Jaxon. I just can't. He makes me happy even though we haven't known each other for even a week. That's crazy.

I found it cute, the fact that he wanted to drop me off at the airport and pick me up from there too. Patty had her jaws dropped the whole time when she knew that Jaxon Moon and I were seeing each other. Kinda.

X

The movers were moving my stuff to the loft. Boxes after boxes were being bought in through the door. Once the movers kept the couch downstairs, Jaxon pushed me down and said with a smile"You stay there. You don't need to work, Caroline. I mean that's what I'm here for. For the heavy stuff." I chuckled and saw him move the boxes from me. The amount of strength that man had, I can't even explain it.

Was he on some kind of steroids?

When the movers were gone, he closed the door behind them and I asked"Can I move now?" He smiled wide at me. Wearing a black fit t-shirt with dark blue ripped jeans. He was sweaty but sexy. He nodded with a laugh"Yes, the queen can move now." I giggled and made my way upstairs.
I wanted to set up my bedroom first because I had work in two days. And three weeks of training in a hospital than the at home therapist.

He picked up the heavy nightstand and asked"Where do you want this?" I pointed him the place I wanted to keep it and he did it for me. I said"Jaxon, you don't have to help me." He nodded his head"True, but I want to." I smiled and went to opening the boxes that had bedrooms things inside. I was about to keep the pills on the nightstand and the syringes too.
I heard him from behind me"What are the pills for?" He grabbed them from my hand and the syringes too. I answered"Pills are for insomnia and syringes are for violent patients." He raised his brow and I answered"There's nothing to be ashamed of with extra protection." He nodded but I knew he had questions roaming around inside his pretty head. Before I could ask, he had his gaze fixed on my chest.
Following his gaze down, he was looking at the cigarette marks. I covered them again with my shirt. I wasn't comfortable with anyone looking at this. Not even him.
He took a deep breath "Can I ask what happened?" I had a choice not to tell him but my heart didn't let me have it my way "Bad past relationship experience. It was a long time ago." His lips were apart and his gaze didn't even move an inch up or down. He lightly pushed the fabric of the shirt from the mark and asked "How long?" I gently removed his hand "A long time ago, Jaxon. Really long." He looked at me with so much hurt in his eyes and it made my heart sink to my stomach. He asked again "Does it hurt?" This time I didn't listen to my heart. I listened to my brain and decided to just stay quiet. He started exhaling deeply like he was trying hard not to blow up. He spoke sternly but softly "I need to go. I'll- I need to go, Caroline."