Chapter 8: Wolf

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

I woke up the next morning. Feeling great as I stretched my body with a smile on my face.
I loved my new loft. The sun through the balcony made everything brighter here.

Today was a good day for a run. And I went for it.

I continued my run as I thought about stuff like work. I start work tomorrow and I couldn't wait for it. Even though I know it will be awkward to tell Greg why I cancelled on him when I went out with Jaxon. But it was worth it.

I smiled again as I thought about him. I couldn't stop thinking about him at all.

Will it be a good idea to start dating again? Will it be a good idea to start trusting him?

He hasn't given me any reasons not to trust him but at the same time, I need to be careful.
Maybe I should go see him today. Go out for breakfast. I stopped in my tracks as I thought about him more.

Yeah, breakfast sounds good. I'm gonna call him and ask him to meet me at my loft and then we can go out for breakfast. Definitely my treat this time.

I walked back inside the building and pushed the elevator button but it was taking time to come down. I decided to take the stairs instead. It was hard but I pushed through till the eleventh floor.
I stopped to catch my breath and decided to call up Jaxon. Taking my phone from the strap around my thigh, I called him up and weirdly, I could hear a phone ringing. The door in front of me opened and out came Jaxon, looking down at his phone. Not noticing me at all.
I called him "Jaxon?" He looked up and his eyes widened as he shut the door of the apartment right behind him. I asked "What are you doing here?" He smiled nervously "Hey! Caroline! What are you doing here?" I raised my brow "I live in the loft above this floor. Did you forget that you're the one who helped me move?" He bit his bottom lip as I could see from his body language that he was literally lying to my face.

Maybe Jaxon is a bad idea.

I said "What are you doing here?" He replied stuttering "Um... I-I live here?"

That was more a question than an answer.

I asked again "You live here? But I thought that apartment was empty." He nodded "Yeah well, my building w-where I was living in... is getting renovated. Found out about it last night. So I asked my friend about this apartment and if I could stay here."

This was freaking me out. Is Jaxon a pervert?

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I-I wanted to but then when I moved in late at night, I knew you were gonna be asleep."

I folded my arm against my chest "You could've text." He scratched his jaw "Y-yeah I could but it didn't occurred to me at all-" I cut him off because I didn't want to beat around the bush anymore "Are you stalking me?!" His eyes widened but he stayed quiet, trying to form some kind of sentence.