Chapter 25: I Want A Name

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

Kane looked directly at me and said"The prisoner calls for you again." Jaxon turned around and by the clench of his jaw, I knew he hated it. He hated it so much.
X

We walked to the Silver Prison.

Kane in the front and Claude one step behind him, Jaxon and I behind them, and behind us were Kane's three warriors.

We walked at a far distance from each other and Jaxon asked"What does he want now?" I shook my head"I don't know, Jax." He snaps "You know, you don't have to go every time he calls." I stopped to look at him and just grabbed his hand in mine "I know but I need to."

X

We went inside the same building like last time. That same long, dark and narrow corridor. As we were in the middle of the countless prison cell, the prisoners started catcalling at me as I walked through while holding Jaxon's hand.

"When do we get to play with this bitch?!" One of the inmates called at me. Jaxon's hand around my waist tightened as he looked at the crazy man and snarled at him, earning a whimper as the prisoner cowers away in the darkest corner. I rubbed my hand on his chest and whispered "Calm down." But I knew he couldn't. Not when he could feel my anxiety too. He just pulled me closer to him.

We reached the silver door and Kane said"Same rules. Seven minutes only." He punched in the code and the door opened.
Jaxon wanted to say something to me, but I ignored it and went inside, the door closing behind me.

Greg was lying on the ground. Beat up. His eye was swollen closed and bruised purple. His cheeks too. His lip was busted and bloody. Burned long marks on his body like he was burned with a silver rod over and over again. He looked barely alive.

There was a metal chair in the corner. I pulled the chair away from him and sat in front of him. Putting on a confidence mask on my face because I will never let him get to me. Never.
Crossing my leg over the other, I asked"What happened to you?" He cooed with a wince "Bad men tried to give me a boo-boo. Will you kiss it and make them better?" I tilted my head and stared at this creature who I once thought was a friend. He laughed "It was worth a try."

"Why am I here, Greg?" I asked him. He shrugged and said, "I wanted to see how you were doing."

"You were the one who attacked me."

"That's why I wanted to see how you were doing, duh! Still slow in the werewolf world. Poor Caroline."

I sighed"If you called me here just to waste my time, then goodbye Greg. Have a nice silver prison life." I was about to stand up and as I was about to drag the chair to its original position, he stopped me "Okay... okay, stay." I lifted my brow "Why?"

"Because I have something that will pique your interest."

I could've just walked out but I wanted to hear him say it. I wanted to know why he did what he did. I sat back again on the chair and he lightly clapped"Aw, we colleagues are already making progress. Makes me happy." I sighed in frustration and he remarked"Someone woke on the wrong side of the bed." He chuckled "What if I tell you that someone you know well came and visited me?"