Chapter 11: Therapy

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

The next day, I went to work.

I was finished with my first patient of the day, when my assistant knocked on my door and said"Your 2:00 is here. And he's a babe!" I smiled as I shook my head at her. She thought every guy in his 40s was a babe.

I said"Thanks, Sally. Send him in." She nodded "By the way, he seems new. Not anyone I've seen before." I nodded again and I could hear assistant say"Dr. Quinn will see you now."
I was busy in arranging my notes that I didn't notice the patient standing against the closed door.
He cleared his throat and I said"Hi, I'm Dr. Quinn. I see you're new to my therap..." when I finally looked up, I saw Jaxon smiling as he stood against the door with his back rested against it. Looking at me with those soft brown eyes.
I smiled back"Jaxon, what are you doing here?" He replied"It's funny that you're my mate but I still have to get an appointment to talk to you. Not fair, is it?"

"Jaxon, we can talk at home when I get off from work. Would you let me call in my next patient?"

I was about to pick up my office phone to tell Sally to bring in the next patient, but he instantly said "I am a patient."
I sighed and decided to play along as I kept the phone back and raised my brow.
He sat on the couch in front of me and asked"So how does this work?" He lied on the couch, flat and asked"Do I lie down and tell you? Or you will ask me questions?"
I looked at him in disbelieve with a smile creeping on my lips. He was taller then the couch that his feet were hanging out. He hugged the pillow against his chest and crossed his long leg over the other on the arm rest.
He gave me a mischievous smile that gave him the cutest boyish look that I grown to adore.
I nodded and wore back my glasses "So, Mr. Moon," I said looking at him and his smile grew wider "why are you here today? In my therapy?" He let out a sigh and replied"You're my therapist and I know whatever I say will never leave this room."
He looked at me with playful sad eyes and pursed lips "My mate is the problem." My jaw dropped but I recovered it with a forceful smile "Why is your mate the problem, Mr. Moon?"

"You see, my mate- her name is Caroline by the way-She never understands me."

"What doesn't she understand?"

"My needs to see her every hour. My needs to listen to her voice every minute."

"Well, maybe she's new to this werewolf mate thing and she's just taking time to set."

"No, I don't think so. I texted her if she wanted lunch about two hours ago. And still she hasn't replied."

I looked at my phone beside me on the table and there was a text from Jaxon about if I wanted lunch with him.
I said"Well, maybe your mate didn't have a lunch break at all today." He shook his head "Well, how could I know when she never replied?"
I removed my glasses because I could not play along anymore"What are you really doing here, Jaxon?" He smiled because he knew I caught him"I just really wanted to see you." I got up and tried to make him understand "You know you can't do this, Jaxon. Otherwise, if someone finds out that you visit me, I could get fired." He said"I'm sorry. I just really wanted to see you." I looked down at him as I shook my head. But instead of feeling bad, he grabs me by my waist and pulls me down on him. Wrapping his arms around my waist, I said trying to get out of his strong hold "Jaxon, anyone can come in this room any minute. What if someone sees us?!" He chuckled "This is fun. It's like we're in high school." He made me giggled and lightly kissed my nose and asked"So, how about that lunch?" I looked at the watch behind him and replied"I'll be getting off from work in 10 minutes. How about I'll meet you outside?" He pecked the corner of my lip and said"Deal!"