Chapter 5: Dream A Little Dream Of A Wolf

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

I opened my eyes and I realized that I wasn't exactly in my hotel room anymore. I was in the woods.
I slowly stood up and looked down at myself, still in my chiffon nightgown. I was in the middle of an opening of the woods. Like standing in the middle of a devil's crossroad, alone and in the dark. I looked up to the moon, the only source of my light here.

Hearing the snap of a twig, I turned my head to my right but it was complete darkness down the road. I heard it again and looked to my left. Same darkness. Complete and utter darkness. I closed my eyes to calm myself down and then I heard a soft purr. Like a purr of a cat. My eyes were still closed as I felt soft hands on my bare arms. Stroking my skin softly with their fingertips. I felt a kiss right behind my ear making me let out a soft gasp of satisfaction. I opened my eyes and turned around but no one was there.

I heard the purr again and I decided to follow the sound. I walked straight. Deeper in the woods and barefoot. Hearing the twigs snap below my feet but it didn't hurt at all. I was determined to find out that sound. Till I came to a thick wall made of leaves but there was an opening in the middle. Dark opening.
I heard the purr again and I knew the second that this is where it came from. I was afraid to go alone but I was also curious. So I asked, "Who's there?" I saw deep red eyes in the dark making me gasp. They slowly became bigger as in whatever it was, it was getting closer.

Slowly, I saw a wolf coming out. Standing tall in front of me.
He had black midnight fur, they looked soft and shiny. Canines as sharp as a blade and claws looked to be sharp as a razor. It was taller, taller than me. His eyes beaming red as it stood in front of me in all its glory and pride. I looked into its eyes and they looked down at me as they were trying to protect me.
protect me from this world, myself... and him.

I slowly lift my hands up and as I did, he slowly started sitting down, completely lying in front of me with his head bowed. I touched its snout and it purred with its eyes closed, wagging its tail left and right. I gasp as he opened his eyes back and I heard him whisper my name"Caroline." Sending shivers down my spine and goosebumps all over my bare arms.

My eyes pried open. I sat up gasping for air as if I stopped breathing for a minute. Looking at the time and it was only 5 in the morning.
I was sweaty and my sheets were wet with my sweat. I sighed and stood up, looking myself in the mirror and my nightgown was wet from my waist. I took it off and let it fell on the floor and went into the bathroom. Taking a cold shower to calm my burning body.
I got out with a towel wrapped around me as I looked down to another pair of pajamas on the bed. I thought for a minute that even if I went to bed, I wouldn't sleep no matter what. I had to be reasonable because I couldn't take sleeping pills twice.
I grabbed the pajamas and threw them in the open suitcase that was lying on floor and grabbed a pair of tights and a sleeveless t-shirt.