Chapter 35: My Pain

TRIGGER WARNING THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS RAPE

TRIGGER WARNING
THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS RAPE

JAXON POV

I didn't know how to feel about this. She cried for the first time in front of me, she opened up to me that she kept buried for too long.

Why couldn't I see this sooner? I'm her goddess-damn mate! And her fiancé now.

She was finally sleeping. But I couldn't, I just couldn't.

She was sleeping on her back as my arm was draped across her stomach. Her light snores filled the room. She slowly turns in her sleep, turning to her side at me. She lightly winces because of her leg but then slowly goes back to sleep. Her left hand curled into a fist on my arm. I looked at the ring and it was perfect on her pale skin. The red moonstone shinning under the moonlight that shined through the windows.

I can't wait to tear the head of the man who did this to her. Who broke her. And I wasn't lying when I told her that she would be the one to finish him off, she will be the one to stab him with the knife or put a bullet through his head.

She moved in her sleep again and whispered my name "Jaxon?" Her hand uncurling and grabbing my arm. I put my hand on her cheek as I kiss her forehead and assure her in a low gentle voice "I'm here, baby. I'm right here." My forehead against her as she finally goes back to sleep. Wrapping my arms around her waist, I pull her closer against me and finally close my eyes. Letting her comfort lull me to sleep.

X

CAROLINE POV

I woke up exhausted as hell. Every part of my body ache. Every bone, every joint.

His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist but when I tried to move, they just wrapped themselves tighter around me. His breathing in my neck made soft shivers go down my spine.

I kiss his temple as I feel a lump forming in my throat because I felt stupid- utterly stupid for breaking down like that in front of him. He doesn't need this, he doesn't need my burdens weighing him down like that. He doesn't deserve this... or me. I don't deserve him. A headache was forming in the side of my head as I finally break free from his grip and sat on the edge of the bed. My gaze went to my thigh and I push my unbrushed hair away from my face. I felt bad for everything I said to him, felt bad for pushing him on the ground like that- shoving him.

I hide my face in my palms as I felt the bed dip behind me and long legs appear on either side of me, trapping me between. His hand snaked around my stomach, his hand flat as he pulls me. My back against his warm body as I let the back of my head rest against his shoulder, finding comfort in the gentle thumb strokes on my stomach. My eyes closing as I felt the headache just being pulled away from me. He kissed the top of my ear as I smile and these small gentle kisses make their way down to my neck. He pulls the shirt down on my shoulder, gently blowing on the mark and my toes curl a little on the floor. His hands stroking my thighs, careful of the cut. He scrunches the hem of my shirt between his fist and kissed me directly on the mark. Little sparks of pleasure erupt all over my body as I almost moan his name. My voice is hoarse as I ask "How did you do that?" He kisses the mark again and this time I don't hold the moan that escapes from my lips as he answers "When a wolf marks his mate, the mark itself becomes a pleasure spot for her. Another gift from the Moon Goddess." I turn my face to him and gently kiss his jaw.