Chapter 29: Funeral

JAXON POV

JAXON POV

It had been two months since she has been gone. For two months I've kept myself at work. Helping Alpha King with the rogues, killing some too. Training with the warriors again. Learning ways how to deal with the frustrating Alphas- learning my father's duties.

Four months and still no news of her. Patty was back in the pack after three days and some stupid part of me held hope that she might be back as well. But my heart broke into a million pieces when her car was empty. I wanted to blame Patty so badly for taking her with her but I knew it wasn't her fault. It was nobody but mine. I couldn't even text her anymore, nor call her. Because when I tried, she never replied to any of them. And it was hard to even type the words on the screen when every being of mine just wanted my arms around her, hold her in place and take in her scent. I wasn't living in the cabin anymore, but in my old room in the manor. I couldn't because her scent was fading away, each night, it felt unreal that she was ever even here.

Six months- half a year had gone by and no sign of her. No text message, no call. Even Will and Patty didn't know how she was. The only thing I knew through the bond was that she was alive. That's it, that's all I knew. That's all she wanted me to know.

X

CAROLINE POV

Six months, four days, two hours, six minutes, and thirty-two seconds. That's how long I've been away from him. I thought I'd heal but who was I kidding? I needed him badly but I wasn't gonna go, because I knew I'd end up hurting more and more.

I was still at the loft. Back on the sleeping pills- back to my old life where I never met him. Where I was this lonely woman who had given up on being happy. How dare he make me happy? How dare he made me almost love myself? How dare he hurt me?

It was Sunday, and I stood outside the balcony, getting the warm sunshine in my face. But it wasn't as warm as him. The finger where I used to have my ring felt naked, felt bare and sad.
After I came here, Patty found out that she was pregnant. And before going back home, she asked if I wanted to come, I said no. They call me sometimes but I don't pick their calls up. I can't when every time they either tell me to come back for him or tell me how much he misses me.

The doorbell rang and I sighed, walking to the door "Mrs. Spellmam, if you're looking for your cat, she's not here. I told you." I opened the door and it wasn't her. It was Will. He smiled and he looked like a literal grown-up. More buffed, grown a beard, and shorter hair. He smiled as I breathed his name "Will."

"Hello, Caroline. Been long."

I nodded my head and moved out of the way, letting him in. My stupid ass thought for a second that he might be behind him- that he might've come to get me but he wasn't. As I closed the door, he said "He doesn't know I'm here." I nodded and turned around, plastering a smile on my face "You want something? Water, beer, or a soda?" He sighed "A beer would be amazing right now." I walked to the fridge to get out the beer. I popped open the lid and slid it towards him with a straw on the side. His brow raised "A bendy straw for a wolf who's about to be a dad? Real manly, Caroline." I chuckled "How's Patty?" He took a sip as he bit his bottom lip with his mate in his mind "Sexually frustrated most of the time. Our pup is giving his mommy a really hard time." I laughed as I imagined Patty with a huge tummy. He took another sip after he said "But you would know that if you just picked up our calls."