Chapter 22: Mating Ceremony

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

His arms slowly tightened around me, making me snuggle more into him more.

We slept on the couch last night after everything happened. I was exhausted to even get to bed and I didn't want him to leave me.

I opened my eyes and realized that my head was actually on his stomach, warm against my cheek. My hand was on his chest. I looked up and he was still sleeping.

Kane got in my head last night and I hated him to my core. I felt weak, pathetic, I was angry at myself. At my mind for falling into his trap. Even though deep down I knew it was real, I still made myself think that it wasn't. And I know I hurt Jaxon last night, even if he doesn't show it. I know he's tired of explaining to me that I don't need to doubt this bond between us, but I can't help it. I still had trouble trusting him completely about myself- my past.

I didn't know I was scratching my nails up and down his stomach until I heard his chest purr. I looked up and he looked down at me with his red glowing eyes, he smiles "The things you can do to me with one touch, Caroline Quinn, sometimes it's unbearable." I climbed up and he kissed me lightly. His husky voice against my lips" Morning." I smiled into that kiss as well and before I could wish him morning as well, we heard a knock at the door. His eyes furrowed and I could tell he was trying to hear who could that be.

X

He opened the main door and I shivered as the cold breeze hit me. I wrapped his sweater tighter around me but he was shirtless. Not even feeling the cold breeze at all. He walked out and looked around but no one was there. I looked down and saw a white envelope that had our name on it.

'To Jaxon Moon And Caroline Quinn'

Jaxon looked at me holding the envelope and came back inside. I opened the envelope and took out a purple card.
I couldn't believe it. They met not even two days ago. I looked back at Jaxon and he took the card from me, reading it out loud" William Moon and Patricia Kyle would like to invite you to our ring ceremony. Starting from 5 pm till 12 am." He looked up at me and asked"Will found his mate?" I just nodded and said"Yeah. Not even two days ago."
He smiles, clearly happy for him "Then we should go." I smiled back at him as he kisses my cheek "I'll get breakfast started. Coffee or tea?" Before I could answer, he answers for me "Coffee, it is." And walked to the kitchen.

I couldn't help but wonder about Patty and Will. Getting engaged that quick.

He snapped me out of my thoughts"Where did I lose you too?" I look up at him as he wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his warmth. And I ask "This ceremony-" He knew what I was about to say, so he answered "Traditional actually. When two wolves find their mates, a moon ceremony takes place on the full moon. More like gratitude towards the Moon Goddess." I nodded and he kissed my cheek again, walking back to the kitchen.