Chapter 17: Familiar Wolf

CAROLINE POV

CAROLINE POV

He took me to that same special place where he gave me that ring.

I don't know if 'propose' is the right word yet.

We laid on the grass, holding hands and looking up at the stars. I said "I cannot even begin to tell you how much content I am. I haven't felt like this for years, Jax. This is beautiful." He propped on his elbow and hovered over me with a smile "I'm glad that I'm here with you in your moment of contentment." He rested his forehead against mine and I closed my eyes, taking a long breath in of happiness and exhaling the breath of sadness.
He kissed my cheek and slowly trailed those kisses down my jaw and then to my neck, leaving sweet kisses, creating shivers to run down my spine.

I felt the tip of his nose coming up to my ear as he placed a kiss right behind it. He pulled and I looked at him with hooded eyes as he smiled biting his bottom lip and slowly leaned in, kissing me. His hand on my stomach slowly rising to the side of my chest and then to the top button of my dress. I knew he could hear my heartbeat fast as he unbuttoned the first one, revealing my cleavage. He looked down and kissed my collar bone making me moan as I bit my lip. He unbuttons the second one and kissed right on the start of the cleavage, making me exhale a breath through my mouth. Before he could undo the third one, I stopped his hand almost breathless.
He stopped and looked at me with his heavy brown eyes that were filled with lust and love. His breathing is shallow. He rested his forehead against mine and asked breathlessly with a clenched jaw"Why did you stop me?" I replied almost as breathless too "I don't wanna do it now. Not here. Not like this." He kisses the tip of my nose and said "I love you." And buttoned up the dress for me as I looked at this sweet and gentleman with a smile. I kissed his cheek "Thank you." And pulled him in a hug.

I heard a loud howl making me gasp in fear but Jaxon chuckled and looked at me "Looks like someone found their mate." We heard another howl but this time it was louder. I said, "I think someone is excited." But Jaxon wasn't smiling anymore. His eyes were wide as he got off from me, grabbing my hands and pulling me up with him.
I asked"What are you doing? What's wrong?"
He pulled me to his chest and whispered in my ear "When I tell you to run, you run as fast as you can to the cabin and lock yourself in, Caroline." Before I could ask why, he pulled me behind him, growling at the large bushes in front of us. But I understood why because I could see golden-yellow eyes inside them. Watching us.

Slowly four wolves came out, snarling at us as drool dripped down their mouths, surrounding us. Their fur and tails puffing and their backs bend. Ready to attack if I make a move. I was scared out of my mind.
I looked up at Jaxon and his eyes were red and his canine extracted as well as his finger into claws and his voice was getting heavy as he snarled back at them. I clenched his shirt in my fist, trembling. He roared at the wolf that had its eyes on me.
He roared again "CAROLINE RUN!" He pushed me a little further and I ran for my life. Ran for the cabin just like he told me.