𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 || 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

A few days pass and the day of the beginning of the tournament draws closer

Despite Korra and I growing more and more close by the day, I haven't seen her lately because she's been working with Tarrlok's task force non-stop. When I try to visit the island, she's not there, and when I try to go to City Hall, she's out on a mission.

So with her busy, I focused on training for the tournament. The guys and I had finished practice for the night and Mako left us to go on a date with Asami.

Bolin and I stayed home, eating food and playing games. We were just lounging about in the living room, playing Pai Sho while we bet money in who'd win.

"Yes! I win again! Pay up, sucker." Bolin boasted, holding his hand out to me.

"You're cheating! I swear." I grumbled, pulling two yuans from my pocket.

"I play fair and square. Whatever, come on Y/N, play against me one more time."

"Nah, cause every time I win, you're such a sore loser about it. 'You cheated!' 'You did this wrong!' 'You did that wrong!' Like a freaking child." I laughed, getting up

"Okay I promised I won't be a sore loser if you win. Just play, please?" He begged.

I waited a few moments. "Fine."

While jazz music was pouring from the radio ont he coffee table, a bunch of static interrupted the music.

"Ugh.." I grumbled before smacking the radio and adjusting the antenna.

"Amon.." I heard Korra's voice mixed with static coming from the radio. I jumped slightly at the name and set the radio down.

"Did I just hear Korra say Amon's name?" Bolin asked.

I nodded and turned up the volume as Bolin and I listened in.

We heard her say something about challenging Amon to a duel and I felt myself go tense.

"No task force, no Chi-Blockers. Just the two of us, tonight at midnight on Avatar Aang memorial island." She commanded.

"Let's cut to the chase and settle this thing. If you're man enough to face me." Were her last words before the static came back and some broadcaster started talking again.

I turned off the radio in haste and didn't bother to look at Bo's reactions. I could already tell he were just as on edge as I was.

Neither of us breathed a word as I slowly placed the chips in my hand back on the game board.

"You don't think Amon will go through with it, do you?" Bolin asked with the sound of worry flooding his voice.