17

Friday night had arrived, and Taehyung found himself alone in the kitchen, preparing dinner. With Jin and Myung Dae visiting Jin's parents for the weekend, and Jiwon on an extended break due to his mother's surgery, Taehyung felt somewhat isolated. He didn't know the whereabouts of Jisoo and Hoseok either.

As he finished preparing the meal, Taehyung sat at one of the dining room seats, waiting for Jeongguk's arrival. Exhaustion from a long day crept up on him, and he fought to keep his eyes open.

The vintage wall clock confirmed it was already 11:45 PM, way past the time he was supposed to attend to Jeongguk. He struggled to stay awake but ultimately succumbed to drowsiness.

---

Jeongguk, on the other hand, had returned to his room after a tiring day. He undressed and stepped into the shower, letting the warm water wash away the stress. The demands of managing both the mafia and his company took their toll, and he longed for a moment of respite.

Exiting the shower, he dried himself and changed into comfortable clothing: a black T-shirt and shorts. His day had been exhausting, and his thoughts kept drifting toward one particular omega who had unwittingly found his way into his life.

Jeongguk knew that Taehyung and Yugyeom had developed a friendship, but the playful alpha's constant flirting with Taehyung didn't sit well with him. He couldn't shake the feeling of irritation that surged whenever he witnessed those interactions.

Feeling drained, Jeongguk decided to unwind with a drink. He made his way to his study, opened an antique armoire, and retrieved an Eagle Rare Kentucky Straight bourbon bottle. The amber liquid promised a temporary escape from his concerns.

---

Taehyung awoke suddenly, startled by the realization that he had fallen asleep while waiting for Jeongguk. Panic set in as he glanced at the wall clock, confirming that he was considerably late in attending to the alpha.

Rushing through the hallways, he inquired about Jeongguk's whereabouts from one of the security personnel. The seconds ticked away, and Taehyung's anxiety grew with each step.

Entering the study room, he hesitated for a moment. The melody of an old country song played on a vintage gramophone, one that Taehyung was unfamiliar with. The lyrics seemed to resonate with their situation.

Gathering his courage, Taehyung knocked softly on the door and called out, "Mr. Jeon, please forgive me, I'm extremely sorry, I---------."

Jeongguk's laughter interrupted him, and the omega was left baffled. The alpha was facing the gramophone, seemingly intoxicated.

"What are you sorry for?" Jeongguk mocked, his chair swiveling to face Taehyung, chuckles escaping his lips.

Confused and somewhat relieved by the unexpected response, Taehyung replied, "I thought I was late, and I fell asleep."

Jeongguk's demeanor was far from his usual self, and he beckoned Taehyung closer. Taehyung hesitated but obeyed, finding himself seated on Jeongguk's lap.

Their close proximity made Taehyung's heart race, but he maintained his composure. Jeongguk's arms wrapped around his waist, pulling him closer, and he leaned in to gently brush a few loose strands of hair from Taehyung's face.

The raven-haired alpha nuzzled Taehyung's neck, his warm breath sending shivers down the omega's spine. Chaste kisses landed on Taehyung's scent gland, and he struggled to keep his emotions in check.

As Jeongguk clung to him, Taehyung's mind raced. He couldn't deny the complexity of his feelings, torn between fear and a longing for the alpha. Jeongguk's whining and vulnerability were entirely unexpected, and Taehyung found himself conflicted about how to respond.

As time passed, Taehyung couldn't feel any movement from Jeongguk, and he slowly and gently guided the alpha back into his seat, watching him groan in slumber, leaving behind the omega's comforting scent and warmth.

Taehyung felt perplexed, unsure of how to process this unexpected encounter.