Chapter 7:"I Don't Want To be Alone."

The moon shines brightly.

But it was hidden by clouds.

Prince Ruven of the Elven Kingdom stood beneath the moonlight in their forest. The fireflies fly around him as he observed the clouds covering the moonlight. He closes his eyes, feeling the night breeze hit him and the sound of rushing water in the distance calming him.

He recalled that night once again.

He was holding an elf in his arms.

She was crying, begging to be accepted.

"I don't want to be alone." Those were her words as she cried softly and wrapped her arms around him. She continued to cry that night, asking for love, asking why she couldn't be loved, wanting to find a light.

"I just want to be loved."

"I don't want to be alone anymore."

"I'm scared."

"..."

Ruven took a deep breath. That wasn't the elf he knew. Despite being in a drunken state that night, he could remember all of what had happened and he knew...He knew that she wasn't the same elf that he knew. It was clear as day...

Elves had ways to sense emotions of other elves.

What Ruven felt from her...

It was completely different from the usual emotions he sensed from her.

It was more lonely...

Loneliness, confusion, sadness, and grief.

And they were all genuine.

They were all sincere.

And Ruven...He felt conflicted during that night. He wanted to hold her in his arms and tell her that everything was going to be alright, but at the same time, he had his doubts. "I have to find you..."

His eyes slowly open, seeing the moonlight finally shining on him.

"I have to find you."

Ruven said once more, this time firmly.

"We have to talk about everything."

"Your feelings do not lie."

"I want to understand you."

"Why you did what you did."

"But...where are you?"

Ruven looked up at the moon gently.

The Light has arrived.

"He's so cute." Jill giggled as Lucius made grabby hands towards her. Ashera beckons for Jill to come closer. "You can touch him, it's okay."

Jill reached out her hand towards Lucius and the baby did not hesitate to grab Jill's finger and move it around. Jill laughed as Lucius swung her finger around. Ashera looked up to see Royce by the window, looking at the moon. Royce felt her gaze upon him and returned his gaze. "What is it? Are you alright? Don't push yourself too hard, you have just given birth a few minutes ago after all."

"I'm alright, boss."

"That's good."

"The moon is very pretty, huh."

"Yes, it is..."

Ashera looks at Lucius and rocks him in her arms. "Do you want to hold him? Jill? Boss?"

"Can I!?" Jill whisper shouted.

Ashera nods. "Of course. Just hold him like this carefully. Put your arm her and your hand under here and..."

After a few instructions, Jill was able to carry Lucius. Jill screamed internally at holding such an adorable baby! Lucius laughed and clutched onto her strongly. "He likes me! He really likes me just like you said Ash!"

Jill turns to Royce. "Boss, hold him!"

"Uh..."

Jill carefully transfers Lucius into Royce's arms. Lucius' grip did not hesitate to switch. This time, he was tightly clutching onto Royce's shirt. Lucius smiled at him and gripped tightly. Royce blinks at him. "You have a strong grip, kid."

"Ba...Wu...wah!!"

Lucius made noises, but the smile remained on his face.

"Why do you like me so much? We just met?"

"Wu! Wu!"

"..."

Ashera giggles at her baby's words, but she could sense his emotions. "He is grateful to you."

"Grateful to me? For what?"

"Ma...Po..wu!"

"..."

"Haha, he feels safe around you, Boss."

"I see..."

"Baa....hehe..."

"Hmm..." Royce poked his cheek.

The was the last thing he would be able to do for the rest of the night, because Lucius iron grip caught Royce's finger and the baby did not hesitate to suck on it.

"..."

"..."

Royce sighs. "I'm not food."

"HAHAHAHA!!" Jill and Ashera could not help but laugh.

Welcome to the world, little one.

~~~~~~~~

Thank you for reading guys! See you in the next chapter!