Chapter 15: Found

Outside the Inn, there was tall man in Armor with Royce.

"We'll be going now. Thanks for accommodating us as always." Alfred's Master, Charles, said. He was an older man, a few strands of his hair already turning white. He combs his large beard for a moment and grinned at Royce. "Is the elf your lover, Royce-"

Smack!

"I'm sorry, I was wrong."

"Tsk."

"But seriously Royce..." Charles flashes a smile. "The two of you look good together."

"..."

"And you're a perfect match! A pair of runaway-"

"Do not finish that statement." Royce immediately cuts him off. Yes, Royce had told Charles Ashera's past. With the permission of Ashera of course. Charles can be trusted, the two have known each other for years after all and Charles was man of honesty and loyalty.

The reason they told Charles is so that he can help keep a look out for elves and divert their attention. Charles may have sworn his loyalty to his kingdom, but his debt to Royce was a different matter altogether. Royce wishes to protect Ashera, and Charles will aid him in doing so.

"Thank you, old friend."

"I owe you Royce." Charles said, seriousness crossing the older's face. "You deserve this. You deserve your rest and I'll make sure to repay you for my whole life."

"You're exaggerating."

"You saved my family and Alfred when he was just a baby. I owe you everything."

"..." Royce sighs and waves his hand. "Go on, your mission awaits you. Good luck."

"Mhm, thank you Royce." Charles clears his throat and with a loud yell, he calls for his lovesick pupil. "ALFRED! WE'RE LEAVING! SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR LOVER!"

"Haha, lover. You're master tells funny jokes, Alfred." Jill giggles at Alfred, who internally cried. Ashera was a little behind Jill with Lucius, and once again, she clenched her fist and cried for Alfred. How dense can you be!?

And with that, the master and disciple left their village.

"...Ashera."

"Hm? What is it boss?"

"You'll be fine. Charles will help us divert the elves' attention."

"...Thank you so much for doing all this for us." Ashera replies. "I will repay you no matter what. Even if it will take my whole life to do so."

"You're exaggerating." Royce replies.

Ashera chuckles. "You always say that."

"...Just repay me by living happily with Lucius. That's all the two of you need to do for me." Royce says, walking back inside the inn. "And nothing else..."

And the days passed by.

Beautiful normal days that were unique in their own way. Lucius was learning new words everyday and he was getting the hang of talking. Jill was surprised for sure, the ability of an elf is really amazing, for them to learn so many words and grasp a basic understanding of them is amazing.

He still can't formulate a whole sentence, but his vocabulary is broad.

Though not perfect, the child could already sing a bit of his mother's song. Lucius would sing it when he wants to hear it from his mother. His way of asking for his favorite lullaby. Another one of Lucius' favorites are story books. The boy would grab a book and place it on Royce's, Jill's, or Ashera's lap.