Chapter 19: Light and Darkness

Note: This is a triple update so go to chapter 17 and read that first! I'll delete this after a few days!

~~~~~~~~~~

"When do you plan on confessing?" Jill asks next, eager to know, evident with how she bounces and sways her body. "I know it's nerve wracking, but boss definitely likes you back."

"I...I don't know when and how. How does confessing one's feelings even work?" Ashera asks, troubled. After all, this was the first time she had ever had such strong feelings for someone. "Do I just say it? Do I just blurt it out?"

"You can tell him in any way you're comfortable with!" Jill replies. "Every relationship works differently after all! You don't have to force yourself to follow certain deliveries or how other people do their relationships. You and boss have your own special thing going on, so just follow that and do what you want to do."

"..."

Ashera couldn't help but smile, her heart and mind easing into a serene state.

"...You know Jill." Ashera strokes Jill's head gently. "You're right, thank you for your advice. I feel much more calmer and I believe I know the true answer to my feelings now..."

"Hehe, I'm glad I could help!" Jill replies brightly.

"The words you said, I find wise." Ashera adds, "You really know a lot about love, huh?"

"Aww, it's nothing."

...

Come to think of it...If she knows this much...

Ashera then asks, "Since you could pretty much tell how Boss and I feel towards one another, did you also notice a certain apprentice knight's feelings?"

"Huh? An apprentice knight?"

"..."

"..."

"Moving on..." Ashera clears her throat. "I know what I must do now. Thank you again, Jill."

"Go get him, Ash!"

"Shh, we're still working." Ashera reminds her. Jill almost drops her broom from the realization. She laughs it off and holds the broom more properly. She nods at Ashera and steps back, saying, "Right! I'll water the plants now! See you later, Ash!"

"Mhm, see you later."

Ashera waves her hand as she watches Jill leave to get water. Once Jill was out of sight, Ashera looked at the set of stairs. She contemplated when she should tell him. Ashera was the type of person that couldn't hold back strong emotions, she was set on telling Royce how she feels, to reply to his advances. At the same time, doing her best to ignore the insecurities and negative thoughts from completely clawing her.

"When...?"

She questioned quietly...

A few hours pass and the moon rises. Ashera finishes with wiping the dining tables and putting away all the dishes for the kitchen staff to work on. After a few more minutes of cleaning, they finally finished with the guest's dining area and closed that area off. With a content sigh, Ashera says goodbye to the staff and heads directly up the stairs to pick Lucius up from Royce's office.

She stands in front of her boss' door. The emerald-colored eyed elf took a deep breath, placing her trembling hand on the door knob. Counting from three to one, she opened the door, hoping her face wasn't red.

"Lucius, mama's here!"

"Mama!" Lucius immediately greets and runs over to her. "Mama! mama!"

Ashera wasted no time in taking her child into her arms and spinning him around the room. She places kisses all over Lucius' giggling face, "Mama missed you too, Lucius!"