25

Finn was dead.

Jacob didn't tell him how or why of what happened. And he wasn't gonna ask him. But while he was trying to force his wolf to heal the mark, he heard the man and the woman outside the door talking about it.
They said he was dead.
And they were blaming Sam.

But Alec didn't believe that.
Sam wouldn't kill somebody just like that.
Not even if they kinda deserved it a little. No. no... no one deserved to die. No one did really.... not even Finn. Even though he stil did not like that stupid jerk at all. He didn't deserve to die!

The pack sure was falling apart.

Alec had tried to throw a chair to the window to break it and escape.
Because he couldn't just sit around and wait for bad things to happen, could he?!
The window broke.
There were guards outside to.
He didn't even had a change to get out the window.
So they just locked him up in an other room threatened him they where gonna tell Jacob about it.

Alec told them they should. And they didn't speak after that.

Alec didn't understand why Jacob had gone this far.
He was already slowly beginning to accept the bond. Before this that is...
so if he had just been patient...he would have had him back. They would have been happy. No one had to die for that.
No one.

But Jacob seemed to think this was the only way.
But this was the only way to make sure Alec would never be with Jacob.
Because he now understood what his wolf had been trying to tell him al along.

Jacob stopped being his mate the moment he left him behind two years ago.

They were mateless.

So this mark. Might not even heal if he pushed himself onto him to complete it.
Because they weren't mates. And you could bite someone that wasn't your mate. And you would smell like them. And your true mate might not want you anymore. But you would never be real mates.
The fates where simple like that.
It was either meant to be and true love. Or it was nothing at all.

Alec was afraid for the lives of his friends and family.
He knew his mother had left. But what if Jacob found her!
If Finn was dead. What happened to Allison?
Was she alright? He sure hoped so! She had never been anything but kind.

Alec didn't know what time it was. Or who had died. But he smelled the blood from where they had locked him.
People were dead.
What if it was Sil!
Or Kit.
Or James.
Or Fraya....

Everything was quiet for hours. And nothing happened. People walked around talked and laughed like everything was fine.
They went to sleep.

Jacob came back.

Yellow! Thanks for reading my story! Kinda short chapter again I know..
I will do two updates this week if I don't forget it like I did last week 😇
Feel free to remind me though!

We are nearing the end of the story.
But don't be worried there are gonna at least be two more books in this series !

Please vote, comment and follow! I really appreciate it! 😘