Chapter 14: Fear

Disclaimer:

I do not own nor claim all the rights to 鬼滅の刃 | Kimetsu no Yaiba | Demon Slayer; all rights are reserved to its respective creator, Koyoharu Gotōge. This is purely a work of fiction; names, characters, businesses, events, localities, and occurrences are all extrapolated from the author's writings and imagination or utilized in a fictitious manner. As such, any direct or indirect references to actual entities, dead or alive, or events do not, in any shape or form, resemble the opinions of the author.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"..." = Dialogue

'...' = Internal monologues

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh boy... this is a long one. My longest one yet, in fact.

Feel free to point out any mistakes, if you find some–since I'm sure that a chapter this long is bound to have errors.

Also, I had to look through Chapters 142-144 of the Manga for this section.

So... Manga spoilers?? But I'm sure everyone here knows what exactly happens anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giyuu

Laughter.

Smiles.

Flowers.

Happiness.

These four distinct characteristics could be discerned within the vicinity of this particular setting. I fervently laugh as I aimlessly run through the myriad of flowers prevalent within this particular heath. Tsutako smiles as she spectates my outburst of jubilance; she is happy, I am happy. It was a happy time.

"Nee-san!" I called out as I turned around and scampered my way towards my beloved sister.

My only family.

The only one who always looked out for me with her loving embrace.

The mother I never knew.

Without her, I'd be nothing and no one;

I would do everything to protect this moment and this life; to protect her.

"Nee-san!" I exclaim as I approach her.

Her arms open up, both extending out in a manner that conspicuously served as an indication for a warm, affectionate hug. In response, I willingly and gladly jumped into her embrace.

"Giyuu..." she said in an almost melancholic tone.

Taking notice of this abnormal and sudden transition in my sister's demeanor, I asked, "What's wrong Nee-san?"

"Why are you crying?" she asks concerningly.

I stop.

Crying?

I could feel teardrops gradually flowing down my cheeks.

"Huh? Why am I crying? Why...?" I ask myself.

She's gone.

Everything's gone.

It's all pitch-black.