Standards (Filler)

Y/N's POV

Y/N's POV

Standards. Something every girl must maintain. From their hair to the color their toes are painted. I've never been someone who cared about them until recently.

When he came along. Gakushuu Asano. I never disliked him nor liked him. I never even spoken to the guy. Until one day, in our second year of junior high.

"I like you." I looked up to see the strawberry blonde with crimson cheeks. I didn't know how to react, so I just smiled at him.

We became really good friends. We did everything together, but something felt off. One faithful day, he decided to stop seeing me.

When I addressed it to him, he said it was because I wasn't up to his standard and I needed to change. In feelings of hurt and improper judgment, I did as he said in fear of being abandoned again.

I changed my hair, I began to watch my weight, I did everything he asked of me. Finally, we started to hangout again, but everything between us felt forced.

Neither of us were happy. He said he liked me and only me and yet he left me at any chance he had. I was alone with someone I didn't even know.

Whenever I looked in a mirror, I saw someone else. I was only 13, of course I was naive. People began wanting to become my friend or at least her friend.

I welcomed so many unwanted people in my life. The only comfort I found was my dad, anime and World of Battlecraft. I always felt like caged like a bird, because I wasn't living for myself anymore. I was living to please others' standards.

A year later, I completely closed myself off from the world. I cut everyone off besides my best friend.

Everyone saw me as a shut in girl who had no hope for the future. No matter how much they smiled at me, I saw through their lies. They didn't like me and the feeling was neutral.

Asano also began to become friendly with me again. I ignored his attempts and rejected him. In feelings of denial he began to spread rumors about us being together.

Girls began to hate me more, jealous of the fact that the weren't close to the school's golden boy. I began to become numb to their judging stares and hurtful words.

I accepted the fact that I'd never be good enough for anyone. Standards are just people's selfish desires the pushed on to someone else. I'll live for myself.

I no longer care about others' opinions about me. I can't please everyone and I don't want to.

"Wake up dear," a bittersweet voice said. I broke into a cold sweat as I woke up. My chest felt heavy after hearing that voice. I looked down and noticed that I wasn't in my room.

This scent... Am I in a hospital? "Oh you're finally awake," the voice began to speak. My throat went dry. "Oh come on, don't ignore your mother," she pouted.

 "Oh come on, don't ignore your mother," she pouted

"Mother? I have none."

(A/N: Reminder don't live for anyone! You are you be yourself don't change yourself for anyone but yourself. Don't live for man. You're perfect just the way you are.<333)

𝔇𝔢𝔰𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔵𝔲𝔞𝔩❦