Thirty-Three

Genesis types on his phone screen as his fingers move fast responding to an an e-mail

Genesis types on his phone screen as his fingers move fast responding to an an e-mail. All the while he tries to double task and listen to his business partner, Kross, as they're in a meeting. The board meeting room is filled with members of Caprice's team and label. The last couple of weeks were slow due to the holidays, but now everything's back in full motion with a fresh, new year.

"The album is pushed back indefinitely," Kross makes the announcement about Caprice.

"Like I said it should've been," Gee can't help but vocalize the smart remark.

Kross sits in the office chair at the long glass table. He leans back letting the seat bounce trying not to show his frustration. "He wouldn't listen, so you basically forced him to push it back by breaking his jaw," he gives a just as snappy response. "He couldn't record the last two songs to complete it after surgery, do his promo run with interviews, or his performances to debut his next single. We had Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, and James Corden lined up. Everything has to be rescheduled and pushed back."

"This fiasco has cost us a lot of time and money." Gee's too deep in his phone to notice most of them are looking at him. When he does look up he wears a blank face. They weren't getting an apology for the inconvenience out of him.

"I can't believe anyone still wanted to interview him after the charges and allegations.." One of the girl's on Caprice's team comments.

The energy of the room definitely seemed like some were waiting for the perfect time to jump ship. Whether they believe he did it or not, this is still their job and they have bills to be paid. Once this is no longer profitable Gee can see most of them quitting if he's found guilty.