𝟏| 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴— 𝙺𝚄𝚁𝙾'𝚂 𝙿𝙾𝚅1

1.      it's a family business

sitting on the bench with a towel wrapped around my neck, i fanned myself while taking the bottle from my brother.

"you're doing great, Kuro. just focus, this one is a tough opponent. don't go in head first, watch and then attack, got it?" my father told me as he massaged my shoulders. i simply nodded, too exhausted to even speak.

i was currently in a tournament, a martial arts tournament. you see, my family runs a martial arts dojo, and this is my...wait, how many tournaments have i been in? must have slipped my mind, whatever.

anyways, i was currently fighting this chick who had the nerve to insult me on public television. let's take you back to a week ago, shall we?

1 week ago

after my last match of the semi-finals, i advanced to the finals. i sat with my father and brothers in the waiting room designed for participants and drank my water as i listened to the tv.

"i admit, the girl Kuro is good, but to me, it doesn't seem like anything special. beating her is as easy as pie,"

with that, the tv was turned off and i turned to my family who had shadows cast on their faces clearly pissed.

'oh-uh, now im gonna be on the receiving end of that,'

flashback end

all in all, because of that chick i had pulled all-nighters for a damn week, i swear i'll make it so she can never fight again.

"if you lose against her, im taking all your collections and figurines away," my father said. hearing his words, i froze up.

"no way, you wouldn't," i challenged.

"oh, we both know i would," he glared.

"then consider this match finished," i told him, suddenly feeling energized.

"break a leg. literally, break her leg," my oldest brother told me with a thumbs and a smile.

time skip

as soon we reached home, i collapsed on my bed. every muscle in body screaming. my pounding head isn't helping either.

"ugh, this is the worst," i muttered as i forced myself up.