𝟐𝟎 | 𝗡𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘 𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗦

CHAPTER TWENTY
— OR, we don't need to hear about ur business Naruto

The first part of the exam had finally come to an end, the contestants were eliminated one by one on Ibiki's empty threat until Naruto stole the spotlight with his classic speech about his ninja way.

Following the events of the original, Anko, the snake woman, arrived early as she came crashing through the window— only god knows how those shards of glass didn't take someone's eye out.

With a few words from her side, the group of amateur ninjas followed the eccentric lady, unaware of the dangers that lurked within the next part of the exam.

Kuro treaded behind the group with her head hung down as the events played out in her mind, a shudder running down her spine at the thought of confronting that crazy snake man.

Indra, taking note of the constant change in her mood, raised an eyebrow at her weird behaviors. If there was one thing he was sure of, it was that he was going to get to the bottom of the enigma that is Kuro. And he was going to unravel every inch of her— okay, creep.

Stopping in front of the giant gates, a sense of terror finally dawned on the young ninjas. The lush trees and the darkness that lurked behind those gates caused their skin to crawl, it was as if the forest was waiting to swallow them whole.

And so, Anko started her speech, her short purple haired that was tied in a ponytail ruffled along with the wind as a twisted smile appeared on her features. She really was Orochimaru's student, wasnt she? Like master like pupil as one would say.

As she handed out pieces of paper—which was apparently consent sheets— she asked the youngsters to sign the paper and hand to her as a form of saying, 'whatever happens to you within that forest, is none of our business'. It was more bone chilling how she said it with a grin on her face. — In our day and age, one would call it...child endangerment!

The minutes passed by as another commotion occurred, a bunch of children appeared wanting to interview the genins about whatever it was they wanted to interview about.

So as soon as that was done with, Anko threw the contestants into the forest, where they were separated and headed down their demise. One after the other, screams rang throughout the forest as they walked right into danger's clutches.

However, the biggest danger that lurked within the forest wasn't the crossdressing reptile, but the Otsutsuki that unleashed hell upon all those who crossed his path. He shed blood and tears of his opponents with a grin that could have even the sage of six paths himself shuddering as they stared into those blood red (orbs) eyes.

"That's the last of them?" Kuro questioned as she picked up the fallen scroll that slipped from the pouch of another fallen body that added to the pile in front of them.

"Should be. Do we have the scroll we need?" Indra asked as he kicked the unconscious body with a sour look on his face— this man has no respect for living, the dead, and those between. Even death is sobbing,

A hum escaped her lips at hid question as she tossed a few scrolls in the air, before catching them again. "Yes...and a few extra..." she muttered as she tossed him one of the scrolls.

Indra caught it as he glanced at her in dismissal before shoving the scroll into his pouch, and walking away.

"Let's go find my cute little brothers, shall we?" He questioned, though it was more rhetorical as his lips stretched into a smirk.

Kuro sighed as she prayed for the youngest Uchiha and Uzumaki, as well as the fallen pile of bodies— to be honest, she wasn't sure if they were unconscious or already corpses.

An annoyed hiss escaped from Sakura's mouth as she gave the whiskered boy a hard punch to the head, sending him into a tree.

"You're absolutely disgusting," Sasuke stated. His face morphing in a distasteful expression as he eyed the boy embedded into the tree.

"There is no need for you to explain about your business!" Sakura exclaimed with a pale face as she gagged.

"You're being dramatic," Naruto said as he rolled his eyes, dusting himself before placing his hands behind his head.