𝟏𝟖| 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗟𝗢𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗞𝗘𝗡𝗦

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
— OR, yo isn't this going in a weird direction

Upon remembering that incident, Sakura hurried to one of the jonins standing outside and whispered something to him. The jonin paled and nodded then disappeared.

"I wouldn't go making a spectacle of myself, just cool it. This isn't a class field trip," Kabuto continued.

"Well, who asked you?! Who are you anyway?!" Ino questioned.

"I'm Kabuto Yakoshi, but look around you. You've made quite an impression," He continued.

Everyone in the room was glaring at them. Kuro simply flipped them off while Indra stared at them.

"See those guys? They're from the Rain Village, very touchy. They all are, this exam makes everyone very tense. You don't want to rub them the wrong way right now," he said.

"You can't help it. I mean how could you know how things are? You're just rookies. You remind me of myself a while back," Kabuto continued his lecture.

"Kabuto, is that your name?" Sakura asked.

"Yes," he answered.

"This isn't the first time you've taken the exam?" She asked.

"No it's... my seventh," he answered truthfully.

"hah?" Shikamaru asked.

"It's held twice a year so this will be my fourth time," he said.

"Wow, veteran. You must be an expert by now," Sakura said.

"Expert my ass," Kuro butted in.

"Yeah, some expert. He's never passed," Shikamaru joined.

"Well, fourth time is a charm, that's what they say," Kabuto said nervously rubbing the back of his head.

"Did his childhood trauma fuck him up so bad that he's making up saying's now?" Kuro mumbled under her breath.

"So I guess all these rumors about the exams being tough is true. Aw man, I knew this exam was going to be a drag," Shikamaru said.

"Hang on, don't give up hope yet. Maybe I can help you kids out a little," Kabuto said pulling out a deck of cards.

"You wanna gamble?" Kuro asked a smirk on her lips. Let's just say that our dear protagonist has a little bit of luck when it comes to gambling.

"No no, not at all. These cards have been chakra encoded with all the things I've learned over these past years. 200 of them, so you see, I haven't been completely wasting my time," he explained.

"It may not look much to the naked eye they're blank. Don't want just anyone seeing this stuff," he said.

"What are you doing?" Ino asked.

"You see, I'm using my chakra to reveal their secrets," he answered. "Like this for example," he made a hand sign and smoke surrounded the blank card, once the smoke dispersed, a map was shown on the card.

"Awesome, a map," Ino complimented.

"A map of what?" Sakura asked.

"It shows the geographical distribution of all the candidates who've come to take the exam," he explained. "The villages they come from and how many from each village," he continued.

"Why do you think they all come here to take the exam together at the same time?" He asked.

"To help foster and preserve the friendship between each land and village," Kuro answered and yawned.