𝟏𝟒| 𝗦𝗘𝗪𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗟𝗜𝗗𝗘𝗥

CHAPTER 14
or,  im dumb not suicidal

KAKASHI looked in horror as what happened registered in his mind. He had impaled his own student— although it wasn't really his fault— just like that terrible day when he had lost his remaining comrade. Breathing heavily, albeit unnoticed, Kakashi tried to remain calm, he tried not to break down as flashbacks invaded his mind.

"Ka..." someone called out.

"...sh.." who was that? What were they saying?

".......i" I think they're calling out to someone, but who?

"Kakashi!!!" He finally broke out of his stupor and realized that the body that he supposedly impaled had disappeared, and no traces of blood was on his hand.

As his eyes regained focus, Kakashi realized that he had collapsed to his knees, in front of him sat Kuro, alive and breathing....alive and breathing? His eyes trailed down to where his hand had presumably gone through her chest. Nothing. No hole, no injury. No blood. Sighing in relief, he looked back to her face, his body functioning once again as a sharp sting suddenly erupted from his face.

She had slapped him, hadn't she?

"Are you alright?" She asked as she removed her hand that was holding his face.

Kakashi nodded, not being able to say anything. And one shock after the other, he watched as Kuro got smacked in the head by none other than Zabuza.

"Are you crazy, kid?! You could've gotten yourself killed!" He scolded her.

What the— why was she being scolded when she saved two lives from certain death?!? How was that fair?!? She glared at the man. Annoyed that she'd gotten hit.

"Is this any way to thank your savior?" She asked, still glaring.

"I'd have rather died than had you sacrifice your life," he said.

Touched, she gasped and covered her mouth dramatically. "Oh my, Zabuza-sama,"

"Quit it, brat," he scoffed. It was now his turn to be annoyed.

Haku chuckled at the banter and walked towards Kuro. He kneeled and checked her for any injuries, sighing in relief when he found none.

"Please don't do that again," he said as he looked at her seriously, his eyes filled with concern.

Now she was really touched. She smiled awkwardly and muttered an apology.

"But you know, you're being dramatic. I knew what o was doing. I'm not suicidal," she huffed.

"Well, maybe you're not, but you sure are an idiot," Zabuza said.

"Well well well, it seems like you survived, demon of the mist," a voice oh-so-familiar to Zabuza resonated within the forest.

Anger pulsed through his veins as he turned to Gatou and realized that Kuro was right, he had planned to get rid of him once the plan was over with.

"I should've known you'd betra—" Gatou was cut off as a sword went through him, causing him to inhale sharply and cough blood.

"I've been wondering when you'll appear," a menacing voice echoed from behind him.

Drawing out the sword, Gatou fell face-first to the ground, revealing the perpetrator who stabbed him. And there stood none other than the all-mighty Indra in all his glory.

"You're all my toys now," he grinned as he turned to the army of people. "Let's see how well you dance,"

Kuro sighed as she threw an irritated look at Indra who had his hand around her shoulder. The boy simply shot her an innocent look, but trust me, he was anything but innocent. For all she knew, he could be plotting her demise.

"I shall name this, the Great Uzumaki Bridge!" Tazuna declared causing everyone to cheer happily. Minus Indra, that man could never be happy.

"That's lame," Sasuke commented causing Naruto to throw a string of curses at him.

We all know where he got that foul mouth from.

"Could you let go of me?" Kuro questioned as she tried shrugging his arm off.

Indra didn't say anything. He only smiled threateningly and dropped his arm from her shoulder to her waist.

"We have a lot to talk about~ wouldn't want you running away," he said as he tightened his grip around her waist causing her to frown.

"I won't, but is this necessary?" She asked as the two walked towards the boat. Sakura had been glaring holes into her head and it was beginning to irritate her. And just when she thought she was beginning to get along with the bubblegum-haired girl. Hurry up and grow up, Sakura. Your child self is annoying!!

Indra didn't reply to her and instead helped her onto the boat, his hand temporarily left her waist and grabbed onto her hand as she stepped onto the boat. As soon as she steadied herself, she was pulled down to sit next to him. His hand finding itself around her waist again.

Seriously, isn't he a little too out of character?!?!