𝟏𝟕| 𝗘𝗠𝗣𝗧𝗬 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗛

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
OR,  eating a snack while looking at a snack

SAKURA slowly walked towards the group that awaited her.

"Hey Sakura, you're late," Naruto said.

"Ah, right. Sorry guys," Sakura said with a forced smile.

"Good morning, Sasuke," she greeted.

"Yeah," he replied.

Kuro and Indra paid her no mind while Sasuke stared at her weirdly.

Once the group walked in, they saw a fight happening. One of the two guys blocking the door kicked a guy wearing green spandex.

"You're taking the chunin exams but you can't get past us? Why don't you just give up now before you get hurt," the boy with short brown hair said.

"Ya, I think I hear your mommy calling ya," the spiky-haired boy said.

"Please let us through, we're supposed to go in there," the girl with buns said.

The brown-haired boy punched her and she fell backward.

Whispers rang through the hallway.

"Did you say harsh? Don't kid yourself. We're being nice by comparison. The exams are gonna make this look like a picnic," the spiky-haired boy said.

"Some of you won't survive the exams, some of you will be wreaked, and some of you may go crazy. For chunin it's always life and death," the brown-haired boy said.

"You think it's a joke? Chunins are qualified to leave missions. The lives of your teammates are in your hands, so you better be tough enough to take the heat, delicate little girls don't belong here," the spiky boy said.

"This is stupid," Kuro muttered.

"Real nice speech, now both of you step aside and let us through," Sasuke continued. "And while you're at it, reverse the genjutsu, we can see through your illusion anyway. We're going to the third floor," he said.

Once again, murmurs tang through the hall.

"Well, well," the spiky-haired boy started.

"So you noticed the genjutsu, huh?" The brown-haired boy finished.

"Go ahead Sakura, tell them you saw the genjutsu before anyone else. You have the second sharpest eyes in our squad. You must have seen this coming a mile away," Sasuke said.

Sakura looked at him confused before saying, "I must have...?" She thought for a minute before smirking. "Well of course, sure, I spotted it right away. This is only the second floor," she said.

"Yuh," Naruto said.

"Hah, well aren't we the smart ones? You noticed an illusion," the spiky boy said. "Now let's see you deal with this," he raised his legs to kick him, and Sasuke did the same, suddenly the same guy that got kicked, grabbed both of their legs stopping them.

"Hey, what happened to the plan? I thought you were the one to keep a low profile and don't let anyone see our skill level, " Neji said.

"I know but..." a blush appeared on Lee's cheek as he looked at Sakura. Only for it to deepen once his eyes laid on a zoned-out Kuro, who shivered and looked back at him in horror.

"Never mind, it's over. Forget it," Tenten sighed.

He walked towards Sakura, "My name is Rock Lee, you are Sakura right?" He asked.