Eight

Crying Wolf.

Natasha stared up at her ceiling. She watched as the ceiling fan spun clockwise. It had been barely past noon yet she hadn't felt like getting up despite the sun radiating her room, practically blinding her as her bed was right besides the widow. Sometimes staring as something so plain as the ceiling fan made her forget everything that was going on. There had been countless times she'd done that only this time felt different. She felt different. Even after the accident Natasha stayed her usual self. She hadn't really changed. So why was it that all of a sudden she felt like there was a side of her missing? 

There was a knock at her bedroom door which interrupted her mindscape. "Come in." Natasha mumbled. "You've got to get up. I don't understand why you're being this- this different today. Everyday you barge into my room, throw a pillow at my face, and are practically screaming a line of some One Direction lyric for me to get up out of bed. Yet today you seem all bummed out." Rose said as she noticed the teenage girl's eye drift to her.

"I can call Stefan. He'd come over and cheer you up." Rose offered. Natasha shook her head, "I don't want to be a bother. Really, Rose, it's nothing. Just me being dramatic and stupid." 

"You are neither dramatic nor stupid. So I'm going to assume you're spiraling and lying to yourself." Rose told her, walking out of the room.

Natasha sighed as she went back to looking at the ceiling fan. "And I'm calling Stefan!" Rose shouted as she walked down the stairs. Natasha groaned extra loudly so Rose could hear, even though she had vampire hearing.

"Now you're being dramatic!" Rose chimed. 

Less than twenty minutes later Natasha got a phone call. She read the contact name and sighed. "Why hello, Stefano." She brought the phone up to her ear. "Are you okay? Invite me in, Nat." He saif over the phone.

Damon had compelled the owner of the house to sign the papers over to Natasha making it so it was her house only, seeing as she was still a minor without parents. Now only Natasha could invite vampires in. And the ony vampire that had been invited in was Rose.

"I'm fine. I was being dramatic and Rose got worried. You are not invited in. Have fun with whatever you plan to do today while I stay inside my vampire free house painting and reading." Natasha said.

"Natasha, don't you dare hang u-" Stefan didn't get to finish before Natasha hung up on him. She looked out the window and saw Stefan standing outside. He didn't look like he was in any rush to leave.

About ten minutes later she looked out and saw he was still standing there. She opened the window. "Doing this makes you look like a stalker." Natasha told him. "Let me in and we can talk. This way I don't look like I'm stalking you." Stefan said, not looking up but instead still facing the door. 

~~~

"hey, if it isn't the girl who was floating feathers in my living room." Luka chuckled as he saw Natasha walk up to him at the pool table in the Grill. She let out a slight laugh. "Are you playing alone? Or will I see Bonnie appear any minute now?" 

"Answer B." Bonnie said. natasha turned around and saw Bonnie holding two frappuccinos. "I didn't know you were coming, I would have bought you a frappuccino." She said, Natasha shook her head, "Last minute decision I guess."

"So you're talking to me now." Luka said, shifting his attention from one witch to another. "I found out what your dad did, saving our friends from a wolf pack." Bonnie said.

"Well, had I known that's all it took..." Luka said, Natasha heard a particular Gilbert voice. "Where are you going? You just got here." She heard Bonnie say, "I'll be right back."