Thirty Eight

Chapter Thirty Eight.

"How the hell did you get these?" Natasha asked, referring to the white oak stakes that laid in front of her

"How the hell did you get these?" Natasha asked, referring to the white oak stakes that laid in front of her. "Blondie Bex found out about the remains of the white oak, I was genius enough to steal the sign that was made from the wood. We know that weapons that are going to be useful against Klaus." Damon answered.

"Oh! I was almost forgetting. I carved these four arrows for you to use with your bow, Oliver Queen." Damon said, handing her the wooden arrows.

"Thanks." Natasha murmured, a feeling of sadness in her stomach at the idea of using the arrows.

"You're not actually going to use those, are you?" Spencer asked, knowing Natasha's answer. "You care about him too much to do so."

There was a knock at the door. Alaric, who was looking over the wood signalled for Damon to get it. "Morning, sunshine." Damon greated Elena who stood in front of him with a tupperware of soup.

"Hey.. How's Alaric?" Elena asked as she tried entering the apartment, but Damon didn't allow her to. "Indecent, but fine." Damon answered. "So that means there were no problems last night?" Elena raised an eyebrow. "Nope. Slept like a baby. Woke up alaric. No headlines about dead council members."

"Then why do I feel like you're hiding something from me?" Elena asked, trying to look inside the apartment.

"Well, maybe because you're being all paranoid and controly-freaky." Damon answered, earning a glare from Elena. "What'd you bring me?" He asked, opening the brown paper bag that was on top of the tupperware.

"Ooo. Chocolate muffins. You know what they say-- the way to a psycho killer's heart is through his or her's stomach." Damon grinned. "They're not for you." Elena said as she snatched the bag back. "Fine. Keep telling yourself that you're still mad at me. But, sadly Ric's going to have to pass on Elena time today. You know, lockdown and all."

"Can he just shut the door in her face? God, this is getting annoying. I truly will never understand why you choose to surround yourself with Damien Salvawhore." Spencer scoffed.

Natasha let out a slight laugh, causing heads to turn her direction. "Was that Natasha?" Elena asked, slightly annoyed. "Gotta go. Thanks for coming over. Byeee." Damon said and shut the door in her face.

"Walking down the stairs. Opening the front door... And she's gone." Damon said, and with that Alaric continued using an electric saw on the remains of the sign.

"Are you alright? You look like you're going to be sick." Stefan asked as he saw the look on Natasha's face as Damon and Alaric worked on the stakes. "Hmm? Oh, no. I'm fine." Natasha lied.

"You're not fine. I can tell." Stefan said, but she ignored him. "You wanna tell me what's wrong, or am I going to have to make you uncomfortable until you tell me?" He sighed. She ignored him.