Eighteen

The Hybrid.

"Are you freaking insane?!" Natasha yelled in whisper. "Okay, okay. Calm down." Stefan said, earning a slap to the face.

"Never tell a woman to calm down." Natasha told him. "Cal-" Stefan was cut off by Natasha's glare. "Never tell a woman to calm down. Got it."

"You called her? You've got to be kidding me." Natasha continued in a hushed voice. Klaus hadn't been around but the pair still decided to be quiet because you never know when he's pop back up.

"It was a moment of weakness." Stefan sighed. "Yeah no kidding." She scoffed with a slight eye roll.

"We're going into Smoky Mountains today to look for Ray's pack. I can't be distracted so I decided to tell you now rather than later."

"Stefan... you really fucked up. Knowing Elena she'll end up showing up here looking for you and do something stupid with Tweedle Dum."

"Nothing's going to ha- wait, Tweedle Dum? Does that make me Tweedle Dee?" Stefan paused.

"Yes. But after your little stunt you both might end up being Tweedle Dumbass." She snapped at him.

"Tweedle Dumbass? Might I ask what that's about?" Klaus asked from next to her. He had vamp sped up to the pair, he hadn't heard anything other than the insult.

"Your bestie is Tweedle Dumbass." Natasha signaled to Stefan, who bowed and smiled no genuinely.

"What did he do?" Klaus asked as he was rather intrigued. "He told me to calm down after I had a minor panic attack." Natasha lied.

"Stefan," Klaus glared at him. "I am so sorry I told you to calm down. I have learned to never tell a woman to calm down or else I get slapped across the face."

Natasha smiled and nodded. "Why did you have a panic attack? Are you alright?" Klaus asked.

"I think that it was just anxiety. I think im loosing my magic." Natasha said. This caught both vampire's attention.

"You've never had an issue with magic. Are you feeling any different? Why would you suddenly loose your magic?" Stefan said.

"Because she's triggered her banshee side." Klaus muttered. "Pardon?" Natasha said.

Klaus hit the car window rather harshly. "Bloody hell. That woman, your ancestor, she used you. By killing her and triggering your Banshee side you got you magic dampened. Thats what she didn't want to tell me."

"Does that make her a full Banshee? Is she a hybrid? What is she?" Stefan asked.

"She's still a hybrid as she was born with both the witch and banshee gene." Klaus said.

"But the banshee side is dominant. It's the stronger part of me, making my witch side less impactful. My magic isn't as powerful as it was before because now my body is dealing with two supernatural abilities."

"But, Klaus is both a vampire and a werewolf and he's still powerful." Stefan said.

"Banshees are immune to magic and Natasha being a witch herself makes it harder for her body to maintain it's balance." Klaus told them.

"Well, great. Saved myself from dying in my birthday but I still ended up screwed." Natasha mumbled.

"Maybe Bonnie could-" Stefan suggested but was cut off. "No! Bonnie is not getting involved. I'm not risking her life for my own personal problems."

"Alright... then I guess you'll figure it out yourself." Stefan said slowly.

~~~