Eleven

Know Thy Enemy.

"Elena, open the door." Natasha knocked on the door repeditaly. "Now's really not the best time." Elena said as she let the red haired girl inside. "Trust me, I know. Jenna called me last crying and asked me if I knew and what was going on. I didn't know what she was talking about at first but I eventually put the pieces together." 

Alaric then rushed up. "Wait, wait, wait." He said as he entered the house before Elena shut the door. "Where is she?" He asked. "In her room. She won't come out of there." 

Natasha started walking up the stairs. "I highly doubt she'd see you if she won't even open the door to see me." Elena told her, but Natasha ignored her.

When she got to Jenna's room she knocked on the door. "Go away, please." Jenna said. "It's your favorite person?" Natasha said but it came out sounding like a question. With Natasha's voice now ringing in her ears Jenna opened the door and pulled her inside, shutting it immediately after.

"Did you know? About Isobel... Please don't lie or give me any excuses, Nat. I'm so fed up with it. I just need you to tell me yes or no." Jenna said. 

"Yes." Natasha admitted slowly, her head dropping afterwards as she could bare seeing tears form in Jenna's eyes. "So, everyone knew? And you all decided to keep it a secret?" Jenna sighed as she sat down on the edge of her bed. 

"I wish I could have told you to avoid getting hurt like this but it wasn't my call. The people who knew told Elena it was up to her when she told you. And believe me it wasn't easy on her not to tell you. She thought she was doing the right thing." Natasha told her.

"Anything else I should know about? That you can tell me, I'll get the rest out of Elena some other day." Jenna wiped her tears away and patted on the bed so Natasha could sit.

"Actually, there is... I know it's going to sound crazy." Natasha said, as she sat down next to Jenna. "I'm a witch." She stated bluntly.

Jenna stared at her, her mouth dropping slightly. "Did you finally get your Hogwarts letter?" Jenna joked.

"I wish. But no, I don't need a wand... I'm a real witch. I come from a bloodline that I don't know anything about. It's super complicated and I'm trying to figure it all out, but I couldn't not tell you. It's what I wanted to tell you after the dinner party but it never seems right then this whole thing happened and I panicked because I thought you'd hate me for lying." Natasha rambled as she messed around with her fingers.

Jenna then pulled her into a hug. "I knew it. I knew you'd be extraordinary. I didn't know you'd be a witch, but still... It's a lot to process right now. But, know I believe you and I don't hate you, Nat. I just need time away from this house and this whole Isobel thing."

"I have to get going now." Jenna said as she got up. "I need to know, who's down there?" She asked. "Elena and Alaric. Most likely both waiting by the staircase." Natasha answered. "Okay... I'm going to brace for impact."

With that the two walked out of the room and down stairs. "Hey." Elena said. "Jenna." Alaric said as the pair saw Jenna and Natasha walking down. "I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go." Jenna refused to make eye contact with either of them.

"Ok, listen. I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." Alaric said. "Rage and betrayal pretty much covers it." Jenna told them both, as Natasha sat on the steps. "Where are you going?" Elena asked.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house."  Jenna said as she put her shoes on and swung her bag over her shoulder. "Jenna, please  just stop. Let us explain exactly what is going on." Alaric said.