Thirty Four

Natalia Martin.

"I'm prepared to sacrifice my life

"I'm prepared to sacrifice my life. I would gladly do it twice."

"Natalia, wake up. Natalia," She woke up to see Sheila Bennett leaning over her. Natasha sat up in bed that was not her, but Bonnie's. Looking around she noticed it was Bonnie Bennett's room in Sheila's house from when Bonnie was younger. It hadn't been the first time she'd been in the room - only this time it felt different, and she knew it too as Bonnie's dead, witch grandmother.

"Mrs. Sheila? What's going on? Why am I here? How am I here? I was just at the Mikaelson manner." Natasha had a subtle hint of frustration mixed with an alarming amount of panic in her voice.

"Sweetheart, hey, hey. Relax. It's okay, you're okay. You'll be back soon." Sheila placed her hands on Natasha's shoulder, wanting the girl to calm down. 

"Back from where?" Natasha asked. "The Other Side." The older witch answered.

"Does that mean... I'm dead? I don't-" Natasha stammered over her own words, not realizing she was then saying words out of order. 

"You died by over exerting yourself. It's the same thing I always try to warn Bonnie about. Yes, you are a thousand years old, skilled, and advanced than my Bonnie, but that doesn't mean you don't have your limits. During the summer when you triggered your Banshee side you cast a protection spell on Lydia Martin - wanting her to live a normal human life. Unfortunately that was not the case for young Lydia, and there was nothing you could do to prevent the outcomes of what was bond to happen. What you did was transfer her pain and suffering into yourself, now usually you'd be able to handle it, but with your powers having been damped your body wasn't able to take it all in." 

Natasha followed Sheila out of Bonnie's room and down to the kitchen as Sheila spoke. Natasha not letting a single word get lost in her mind. Looking around Natasha felt as though she were at Bonnie's house, but in the living. It was the dullness that surrounded not only the Bennett house, but the whole atmosphere of the Other Side that was a constant reminder to anyone there that it was exactly what the name implies - the Other Side.

"Esther Mikaelson, being the powerful witch that she is had cast the curse on you, but you already knew that. I believe that it was Katerina Petrova who told you that you were bonded to the Original vampires. Now take the fact that you're bonded to them, being able to feel when they desiccated, and the pain you feel from Lydia Martin. You feel the pain from two different, powerful species. It's too much for you to handle, if that wasn't already made clear."

Natasha opened her mouth to comment but Sheila shook her head, not wanting to be interrupted. "A vampire is an abomination to nature, yet the Originals are the first vampires, making them stronger in all aspects, but a pain for you as you are bonded. A witch is the servant of nature, which you are by birth. You being a distant relative to a bloodline or... coven I should say- the Gemini Coven. Now, you are also a Banshee. You being the original banshee, making you the start of an entire species and bloodline, which Lydia Martin is most definitely a part of. Banshees are an abomination of their own creating. They don't have to do what vampires must to survive. They choose to do anything and everything."