Sixteen

And so it begins.

A/N- fyi, this chapter is two things. I'm not matching this chapter up correctly with the timeline or whatever so bare with me, it won't make much sense, but ignore it and pretend it's normal.

"What the hell?!" Natasha groaned as her blanket was snatched from on top of her. "We're here, sweetheart." She heard Klaus say, though she ignored him. Stefan let out a faint laugh, he was standing at the car door with Natasha's blanket. "You're not staying in the car all night, Nat. Come on." He said.

"Where even are we?" She asked as she stepped out of the car, almost falling over if it wasn't for Stefan who caught her. "We're in California. There's someone I need to locate." Klaus told Natasha, practically stealing her from Stefan's grip.

"Am I supposed to do a locator spell or something?" She asked, still half asleep. "I don't have anything that belongs to whom we need to find, so no. All you're doing tonight is sleeping while Stefan and I figure this out." Klaus said, as he had Stefan be their own personal butler, having him carrying their stuff.

"I don't like this place." Natasha said, looking around. Stefan let out a laugh. "I don't think the people that own this place like this place." He said.

"You brought me to a motel while you two go out and do the actual business whatever. Why am I even here then?" Natasha asked, pushing herself off Klaus, who refused to let go of her side, knowing if he did she'd most likely fall down from her tiredness. 

"As much as we'd love to see you be the badass witch that you are, you're barely functioning right now. If you come with us you'll only slow us down, and I want to get this over with." Stefan said, opening her motel room door. 

As he signaled for her to walk inside she got the idea to blast him back against the wall. Klaus looked amused at her sudden action. "What was that for?" Stefan asked, groaning as he stood up. 

"I'm just proving that I could be of use." Natasha shrugged. Stefan turned to Klaus, sending him a look that basically said 'up to you'. Klaus looked from Stefan to Natasha. 

He was about to say something when Natasha's eyes seemed to have rolled to the back of her head, now being all black. Before either vampire had a chance to react Natasha let out a high pitched scream, a bright red beam of light seeming to explode from her entire body. Both Klaus and Stefan were being held against the wall by a spell that Natasha was no longer in control of.

The motel's workers who'd been in the lobby heard the high pitched frequency, and before having a chance to question it they all had their hands to their ears, which were now bleeding. It wasn't long before they dropped dead.

Klaus, who'd barely managed to break free of Natasha's spell vamp sped up to her and covered her mouth with his hand. Her screaming stopped, but the sound waves were still soaring throughout the area, as if she were still screaming. Her eyes slowly turned back to their normal green color and the red light dialed down until it was no longer visible. 

She  then fell to the ground, Klaus falling with her as he caught her before she hit the ground. He laid her head on his lap as he stroked her hair. He used his vamp hearing to listen to her heart beat making sure it'd slowed down. 

Stefan, who'd finally been released from the witch's spell vamp sped up to the pair. "Is she okay? What was that?" Stefan asked in a panic. "Her birthday... It's in a few days meaning the curse is at its strongest. Her powers are at its highest capacity and her body can't control it because of the curse, its holding her back from reaching her full potential." Klaus answered.