Twenty Six

Photograph.

"We keep this love in a photograph

"We keep this love in a photograph. We make new memories for ourselves."

"I can't believe I let you drag me into running with you." Natasha told Elena once they paused and caught their breaths. "Jenna said you were anxious or stressed or something, and running helps me get rid of those feelings." Elena shrugged.

"I despise physical activity." Natasha reminded her. "We both know that's not true. You train in your basement like you're an Avenger about to go fight in a civil war or something."

"We live in a town full of supernatural beings, so sue me for being prepared." The red head said. "You are supernatural?" Elena looked at her weirdly. "Doesn't mean I should be untrained."

"Yeah? Where was this training skills last night when we needed you to kill Klaus?" Elena folded her arms. "You poisoned me. Do you really think I'd go on and help the scooby gang when you all pissed me off?"

"I apologized!" Elena exclaimed. "Blaming yourself isn't an apology, Elena. You're just shifting the blame onto your guilty conscious." Natasha told her.

Elena was about to say something when she saw a hooded man running up to them. "Come on." Elena lowered her voice. Natasha groaned as she continued running with Elena, fighting the urge to leave her and go get milkshakes at the Mystic Grill.

The two kept running, with Elena turning around to see if they were still being followed. Natasha soon caught on and stayed silent. She knew the person behind them wasn't following them, but that Elena was just being paranoid.

"Elena!" Natasha grabbed the brunette's forearm and dragged her back so she wouldn't run into a tree. "The guy apologized. He was just lost, not paying attention where he was running." Natasha told her.

Elena nodded slowly. A clapping noise was heard from across the street and Elena jumped, hiding behind the red haired hybrid. "Seriously? What are you, five?" Natasha rolled her eyes as she turned around and began running towards her house.

~~~

"I'm sorry, what?" Bonnie asked. "Not only did Stefan betray us, but Natasha did too. She wanted Damon to not kill Klaus. She even used her banshee whatever powers to hurt Mikael before he could kill Klaus." Elena said.

"I'm sure that's not the whole story." Bonnie tilted her head. "It's all that matters, Bonnie. She's not with us. I know it." Elena told her.

"Or, maybe it's because she's conceded to the Originals. By killing Klaus you'd be killing a part of her." Bonnie shrugged. "Mikael's dead, and she didn't get affected by that." Elena stated. "I doubt it'd be to Mikael. She's connected the most with Klaus. I mean, think about it, Mikael's been wanting Klaus dead while hating Natasha. If he killed Klaus he'd be majorly hurting Natasha in the process. It'd be a win-win for him."