Chapter Eleven - Over Again

I am woken up to the sound of my phone ringing. I know who it is. The ringtone is 'So Sick', his X Factor audition song.

I reach my hand out in search of my phone. Once my hand comes in contact with the smooth surface of my phone, I pick it up and raise it to my ear.

"Yeah?"

"Aimee, are you sleeping?" Niall asks through the speaker.

"No, I'm hunting elephants." I reply sarcastically. "Yes, I'm freaking sleeping! Why did you wake me?"

"We have to go to the arena in a few minutes and I was told to call you so you would wake up." He explains.

"Ugh, ok. Can you come get me from my hotel room?"

"You can't walk to the lift?"

"Don't worry then." I grumble, swinging my legs over the side of the bed.

"No!" He says quickly. "I'll come. Come out in five." The line goes dead.

I stand up and go to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and run my hands through my hair a few times in an attempt to get rid of the knots. I then go back into the bedroom and get changed into black leggings and a purple t-shirt with converses on my feet.

Deciding I look fine, I grab my phone and hotel room key. I wait outside of my hotel room until I can see Niall coming around the corner.

"Hey, sleeping beauty." He smiles as we walk side by side to the lift. "The others are waiting in the van."

I don't know why, but I feel a lot happier that I got everything off my chest about what was happening. Maybe Niall and I could try to be friends again, and if he wants anything more, then I am willing to go for it.

"Niall?"

"Hm?"

"Maybe... if you want... we could be friends again." I say slowly. His face lights up.

"I would love that." He smiles widely down at me. "But before the concert, the lads and I have something to show you."

"A surprise?" I question. He nods. "Ugh, fine."

He pokes my stomach before running off. "Race you to the lift."

"Not fair!" I run after him. "You got a head start."

I almost catch up to him, only for me to slightly stumble and fall back a few steps. I collect myself and continue sprinting after him.

"I win!" He cheers once he reaches the lift.

"You cheated." I pout while he laughs at me. "I'm still cooler than you." I purse my lips and stand on my tip-toes to try to meet his size, but I'm nothing compared to him.

But then he kisses me.

It's the quickest, sweetest kiss that I wasn't expecting, but as soon as he realises what he did, he begins apologising as his eyes go wide. He's afraid I'll yell at him.

I laugh and shush him. "It's fine."

"It's just because I saw your lips pursed like that and I couldn't help myself, so I just went in for it. I'm sorry." He answers as the doors to the lift finally open.

"Kind of like when you kissed Katy Perry at the VMA's on stage and backstage. By the way, we were dating then, so you technically cheated on me." I tease lightly.

"Holy shit, I did! Oh my God, I'm so horrible. I'm so freaking sorry, Aimee."

"Niall?"

"Yeah?"