Chapter Twelve - When You Look Me In The Eyes

"Aimee?" Zayn's voice sounds through the door of my dressing room as he knocks softly. "Can I come in?"

I sigh and wipe away my tears, standing from the couch and opening the door before sitting back down.

"Hey. What's wrong, babe?" He asks, sitting across from me. Harry, Liam and Louis follow behind.

"I just couldn't take that." I answer, capturing my bottom lip between my teeth.

"We have to talk to you." Harry speaks.

I nod for him to go on.

"Well, we need to tell you that Niall didn't break all his promises. He did promise you would be his wife someday, and he plans to fulfill that promise. He promised to have kids with you, and he plans to complete that as well. There may be a few promises that he broke, but he did keep a few. We just needed you to know that." Liam explains calmly.

"I'm such a bitch." I mumble. "I can't believe I did and said all that stuff to him."

"Don't beat yourself up about it, love." Harry says, leaning over to touch my knee softly. "He doesn't care about what you did."

"Is there anything else?"

"Yeah. We need to tell you the reason why he broke up with you." They exchange worried glances and I begin growing impatient.

"It was management." Zayn blurts suddenly.

"What?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Well, you know how he was acting weird? Yeah, well, he was upset with himself because management found out early about you two and told him he had to break up with you, otherwise they would ruin One Direction. That day when he had a bandaged hand and he begged you to kiss him, it was because he punched a mirror. I stayed to calm him down, but he was furious and upset that he had to break your heart."

"Oh my God." I whisper, tears begging to spill. I don't hold them back, I let them fall.

"He never stopped loving you, Aimee." Louis whispers.

"I'm so sorry guys." I cry, putting my head in my hands.

"You're apologising to the wrong people." Liam tells me.

"But I hurt you guys as well."

"Don't worry about us. We want you to be with Niall. He makes you happy."

I wipe my tears again and sit up straight, an idea popping in my head. "Tomorrow night before the concert I need to show all something. It's important."

"Uh, ok." Harry replies for them. "We better let you get ready then."

They smile sadly at me before leaving.

_________________

"This is my way of saying sorry to you guys. It's also my way of saying that I forgive and love you." I say into the microphone, lifting myself onto the stool in the middle of the stage. Louis, Liam, Harry, Niall and Zayn all look up at me quizzically. "I did and said some horrible things that I regret, but this song has a different meaning for each of you." I motion for the guy to play the music and he nods, the music beginning to play through the many speakers as I sing.

"If the heart is always searching,

Can you ever find a home?

I've been looking for that someone,

I'll never make it on my own

Dreams can't take the place of loving you,

There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true.