Chapter Sixteen - Daylight

Thought I'd quickly update before I vacuum the house. x.

'Daylight' by Maroon 5 lyrics on the side. ---->

__________________

"What do you mean you're leaving?" Paul questions angrily.

"I have to go, Paul. It's personal reasons, but you have to tell the lads something. Tell them I got into big trouble or something like that, but you have to tell them something." I beg him, practically on my knees.

He sighs and scratches the top of his head. "Fine, but you're paying for your plane ticket."

"Got it. Thanks, Paul." I call before speed walking back to my hotel room.

I slide my key and swing my door open. My eyes begin skipping from item to item in my bedroom in search of my laptop. Once my eyes fall on the silver object I rush over and grab it, opening the lid and turning it on. I settle on the couch as I go through a lot and finally buy the tickets.

The knock at the door is so light that I wouldn't have heard it if I wasn't listening for it. I was expecting him to come over sometimes, even if it means at seven o'clock at night. I close my laptop and go to the door, opening it to reveal Niall.

"Hey." I say softly, smiling weakly at him.

He dives right in. "Sleep with me tonight?"

"Niall, I'm not sure if that's such a-"

"Please? I wanna spend your last night with you. Give me this." He pleads with the cutest puppy dog face.

"I suppose so." I smile. "But I have to pack first."

"We'll go when you're ready." He says as I usher him in.

I go into the bedroom with Niall following behind. I pick up my messy pile of clothes and throw them beside where Niall sits on the bed.

"Do you need help?" He offers, standing up.

I grip his shoulders and push him back down on the bed. "No, I'm fine, really." For some reason, I have this urge to kiss him again as he smiles softly and nods. I resist the urge, however, and begin folding my clothes.

Every so often, I risk a glance at Niall who is concentrating on me folding. His pupils are tiny and his eyes seem distant. His lips are pressed in a thin line as he breathes through his nose. Every time he inhales through his nose, his nostrils flare out before they go back to normal as he exhales.

"I know you're watching me." He mumbles, not removing his eyes from my handiwork.

"And you're watching me." I retort sarcastically.

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. He drops his head and begins fiddling with his fingers. "So, I'm guessing there is no way we are getting back together?"

I sigh just as heavily as he does. "We can't, Niall. I'm leaving tomorrow and won't see you for a while." Longer than you know. I think, but stop myself from saying it aloud. "Besides, Management would never allow it."

"I don't care what Management says anymore. It's not like they can fire me from the band. I mean, they would be stupid to do that considering they would lose millions of dollars from it. I promised you I wouldn't let Management come between us and I broke that promise, so now I want to make it up to you."

"You can make it up to me by understanding and accepting my decision." I answer. "I'm sorry, Niall."

"Can you do something for me?" He asks softly, looking down at his hands as he fiddles with his fingers.