Revelations

Toby, Jim, and Claire were all sitting in the Hero's Forge, waiting for Blinky and Aaarrrgghh.

"So tell me again what happened last night?" Claire asked.

"So we believed that goblins were going to attack Eli but it turned out they were after the delivery truck. In the end, we got chased through the street and a goblin got my ChubbyTracker. We realized we could use the CubbyTracker to track them and find their den so we could eradicate them. Turns out their den was at the museum. We also discovered that there are these things called changelings that can turn into a human or a troll at will, a big problem because most are working for the bad trolls. Jim took some pictures of a bridge we saw in the museum. Apparently, it's a very bad bridge if the Changelings are building it because it can release the king of bad trolls!" Toby exclaimed, waving his hands around.

"That doesn't sound good," Claire cringed. Toby shook his head.

"No, it isn't. It's very very bad if what we think is true," Toby said solemnly. They were silent for a while before Claire looked over at Jim. Jim's hood was further over his head than usual and he was hugging his knees.

"Jim...are you alright?" Claire asked concern etched in her voice. Jim barely looked up to meet her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just...didn't get a lot of sleep last night," Jim croaked. Claire frowned.

"Utter disaster!" Blinky exclaimed, walking into the forge holding a stack of books. Aaarrrgghh followed close behind. "I've gathered everything I have on Killahead Bridge. Master Tobias, I need to see those pictures Jim gave you."

Toby pulled out his phone and clicked on a picture that had a clear view of the partially completed bridge. Blinky took the phone from Toby's hand and opened a book that had a detailed drawing of the bridge. They were one and the same.

"I fear our troubles are now more than just Bular," Blinky fretted. "If Changelings are trying to complete the bridge they are trying to release Gunmar into this world!"

"Worse than Bular? I couldn't even handle a Changeling and now I have to fight Gunmar?"

"No. We need to stop them before they can open the bridge! Kill Bular and destroy the bridge," Blinky responded. "If you were to fight Gunmar now it is almost certain he would eat you in the first minute."

"Gunmar eats people?" Claire asked, disgusted.

"All GummGumms do," Aaarrrgghh responded.

"Oh, this is so bad!" Toby freaked.

"And now they know Toby is the Trollhunter and the goblins know where he lives," Jim finally added.

"Oh no! You're right! This is so bad!" Toby shouted. "I'm going to die!"

"Not on my watch," Jim said seriously.

"What are we going to do, Blinky?" Claire asked.

"I don't know. This is far worse than I could ever even think of!" Blinky whispered.

"We'll figure out a way to stop them," Jim said determinedly.

"I don't know, Jim. This seems pretty hopeless," Claire frowned.

"Even the word hopeless isn't devoid of hope," Jim replied.

"That is very true, Jim," Blinky smiled.

"So what should we do?" Toby asked.

Jim scrunched his eyebrows, something smelt off. He sniffed the air and had to hold back from cursing loudly.