Convincing Strickler

"Ah, Young Atlas, so nice to see you join the class today," Strickler smiled when he saw Jim enter the class.

"Yeah, I had this crazy flu which was why I haven't been to school in a few days," Jim lied, moving towards his seat. Claire and Toby were close behind him and took their respective seats.

"Well, I'm glad you're back," Strickler stated. Jim gave Strickler a look and Strickler had to force himself to keep his composure because that was a look of knowing. Jim knew something. But what did he know?

"I'm glad I'm back too," Jim said, averting his gaze to Claire. They shared a look. Claire was in on this too? What did they know? Jim then moved his gaze to Tobias. The Trollhunter. They shared a look as well.

Memories of that troll from last night passed through Strickler's mind. That troll must have told Toby and Toby must have told Jim. How Claire was a part of this Strickler didn't know.

The class passed by fairly quickly much to Strickler's relief. When everyone left to get out of their seats, Jim, Claire, and Toby shared a silent conversation before Claire and Toby walked out of the room. This left just Strickler and Jim. Jim turned to face his teacher.

"Mr. Strickler," Jim greeted.

"What can I do for you, young Atlas?" Strickler asked, raising his eyebrow. Jim grabbed the strap of his bag.

"I want to talk to you after school. It's important," Jim said.

"And what would this be about?" Strickler questioned suspiciously. Jim gave Strickler another look of knowing.

"Well it's about us and our relationship moving forward," Jim stated. "You know because you're dating my mother?"

Strickler breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe Jim didn't know he was a changeling. Maybe that look of knowing was actually just a look of pondering. Perhaps Toby and Claire were just supporting Jim. Jim surely wouldn't want to talk alone with Strickler if he knew that he planned on using Jim as bait.

"Of course we can talk. I'll see you after school," Strickler smiled.

"I have play practice but after that, I'll come to see you," Jim added.

"Alright, I'll be in my office."

Jim nodded and briskly walked out of the room.

Claire and Toby were waiting by the entrance.

"All good?" Claire asked. Jim nodded.

"He doesn't suspect us knowing anymore. I'll try and convince him after school," Jim said.

"Well I'm sure that will be a fun conversation," Toby responded.

"It's going to be a violent conversation at best," Jim chuckled. Toby cast Jim a worried glance.

"I don't think I like the fact at how chill you said that," Toby murmured. Jim shrugged.

Everything was going smoothly until Lunch.

Jim and Toby were seated at a table with Claire, Mary, and Darci. Meaningless conversation was being thrown about. Jim was quietly listening while mindlessly eating his lunch.

"Ugh, tight jeans Hank won't respond to my texts!" Mary moaned. Claire rolled her eyes.

"Doesn't he go to our rival school and wouldn't he be in class right now?" Claire inquired.

"Not everyone texts twenty-four hours a day, Mary," Darci laughed.

"First of all, I don't text twenty-four hours a day. I do other things than texting. Second of all, he may be from our rival school but man oh man are his jeans tight," Mary gushed. Darci made a gagging face and Claire giggled. "You're just jealous that you two don't have boys."